Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do You See a Hope for General Discussion Forums?

Kane

Captain Junkie
Credits
I am asking this question because I have a general discussion forum and I am having difficulty in getting new registrations, activities from existing members, and also traffic. I am active on a lot of general discussion forums and I see almost similar issues, there is not much activities. Do you think general discussion forums are still a thing?

Advertisement Placeholder
I see a problem in the fact that all forums are mostly the same and there are the same people. If we talk about forums that pay for messages, then I can't understand why there are so few users because everyone would like to make money. And forums that do not pay, in my opinion, simply lose popularity and people do not want to communicate there

I see a problem in the fact that all forums are mostly the same and there are the same people. If we talk about forums that pay for messages, then I can't understand why there are so few users because everyone would like to make money. And forums that do not pay, in my opinion, simply lose popularity and people do not want to communicate there
You make the right point, these forums have almost the same kind of discussions and even the same people discussing. What do you think could be done to make general discussion forums great

I don't feel that all general discussion forums will fail but they do take a little longer to get off the ground and drive traffic to.

The general discussion niche is very much an over-saturated one and I feel anyone with a general discussion forum does need to offer something unique.

In todays society it seems like general discussion forums are a dime a dozen. So you are going to have to have something that makes your site stand out from the rest. And that's hard to do for a general discussion area.
A niche topic area will tend in many cases to have a higher possibility of gaining traffic. And even then, it may not be active posts but actual traffic hitting the site to obtain information/data that is provided there - usually by the admin as they are working to get it started.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 3)

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations