Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you remember Mylot?

Beverly

Renowned member
Credits
Many years back, there was a huge social networking site called Mylot. It was nothing like Myspace. Most of the members were twenties and up in age group, not teens. The profile page was customizable just like any social network. To build the community, they actually paid members a small amount per post. The site was more like a forum with it's community feel but they were definitely a social network. This was one of my places to be while other people were happily hanging out on Facebook and Myspace. A few years ago, my life got really busy so I left the site. Still I have very fond memories of making friends there.

Advertisement Placeholder
I remember MyLot but I never interacted with people.

I had a lot of really good friends on the site. And, I treated it like a forum, more than a social network. I liked how people actually hung out there all day and really took time to get to know each other. Another thing I liked was how for a very long time all the links on the profile page were do follow, so I got tremendous SEO benefit when linking to my free movie blog. To me, the site felt like more of a grown up place to be than Facebook, less silly drama and pettiness.

Though it's been a few years, so i'm not sure what's going on there anymore. Most of my friends have told me they left the site a long time ago, so I don't plan to go back.

When I opened my own forum, some of the Mylot members made the leap to my forum.

I was on MyLot for a long time. It was a fun place to get to know others and also to hang out. I have not been back there in a long time though.

I vaguely remember MyLot however I don't remember using it I just remember people talking about it but it was never something I registered to and stuck to, to be honest. From reading the post above it does seem it is still open but not very active. I wonder if it could ever be revived and become as popular as it used to be? It would be nice for those of us that never used it first time around.

I remember Mylot and I was quite active in it.

People used to make money on Mylot, but then they stopped the payments.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds