Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you prefer regular texting over a messenger service?

Melanie Marie

Website
www.bizdustry.com
Credits
I just text. Honestly, I've never really understood the point of messenger services, other than maybe privacy concerns (?)
And I will always love standard email. You have a lot of time to think of what you want to say and how you want to say it.
I don't mind private messages on Twitter or forums, etc. But I can't say I've ever found the need to use messengers like Whatsapp and it's many other competitors.
What's your take on this?
Do you prefer regular phone texting? Email?
Do you use a messenger service more than anything else? Which one do you like best?

Advertisement Placeholder
I do messengers for various reasons and also texting.

Messengers are good for lengthy conversations while I text when I just want to get straight to the point and get the message across.

I'm honestly indifferent. I usually use regular texting for family and my girlfriend; WhatsApp for work; and Facebook Messenger for friends.

It's not a system I set up deliberately: I'm just using what they prefer!

I do messengers for various reasons and also texting.

Messengers are good for lengthy conversations while I text when I just want to get straight to the point and get the message across.
You're right. You can't use text messaging for a very long conversation. It's even too costly to deal with when compared using few megabytes to chat for 24 hours.

On a personal basis i have always love the use of text to convay my messaage,i see as private and confidential to the other recipient.

I like texting always. I want to be in constant communication especially when it is someone that I care about.

Both of them are the same thing for me. I don't see any difference, although messenger is a lot faster. I use it when I want to get into long chatting with someone. I can't have the conversation flowing well with text messages.

I use Discord a lot more than texting. I just like being able to tell a bunch of people my crap all at once instead of a few people in a long amount of time.

When I had my Android phone I loved having messenger because of the bubbles that keep the chats open. Since having Apple I mostly still use messenger honestly. I can see when people were last active, if they have seen my message, and I can message easily on wifi. At work I am not always able to access my text messages, or send them for that matter. I text my grandma, group texts to co-workers, and sometimes my husband, but messenger is the main source for me.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds