Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you partake in farming or agriculture?

Credits
A lot of people don't get into agriculture for one reason or another. Some say that it's too messy and as a result of that, they can't do it. But I don't see it that way because anything that can provide food and even money is worth getting into. It's why I take farming very serious. I've been farming for more than 20 years and never plan on stopping.

Do you partake in farming?

Advertisement Placeholder
I grew up rural with farms all around us. While I would love to be a farmer, it's a 24/7/365 job. You have to depend on the weather, being able to sell your produce or meat. It's just very hard. I've seen some local farmers shut down due to not making ends meet.
On the flipside, while one doesn't get much in benefits, just the reward of working the land, tending to crops, tending to animals, can be great for the mind, body, & spirit.

I had an allotment for a very brief period of time just prior to the pandemic. It was very handy for providing my family with carrots, cabbage and potatoes but apart from that it used to take up an awful lot of time. I'd definitely grow my own veg again, but I'd try and do it in my own back garden I think rather than an allotment.

There's no way I could be a farmer. We have a garden that's big and that's enough for me. I even try to take the laziest way out of caring for it and am so glad we've had rain the past few days so I don't have to go out and water it. We've gotten 2 zucchini so far and they were delicious on the grill.

My grandmother talks about her time on the farm. I've visited farms, but haven't had to live the farm life because I was just visiting. I can't imagine running a farm and all the work that goes into it. I also don't think I'd be good at a garden either xD my husband considers a garden - I think it would keep him a bit busy. I think I would just accidentally kill everything.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds