Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you need it to be quiet when you work?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Do you need pure silence when you work? Or are you good with some noise and maybe even music or other sounds? I sometimes listen to music when I work, and sometimes I don't. What is your preference?

Advertisement Placeholder
Not really, most people don't talk much anyway; they just work like all of us. Sometimes we talk and do things like that; it isn't like we must stay silent 24/7. There is also no music playing in the background.

Do you need pure silence when you work? Or are you good with some noise and maybe even music or other sounds? I sometimes listen to music when I work, and sometimes I don't. What is your preference?

I definitely require silence because if I work in a really noisy environment, then I would get distracted. This requires pin drop silence as well. Sometimes, you need to feel calm and relaxed and certain noises could distract you really badly.

I definitely require silence because if I work in a really noisy environment, then I would get distracted. This requires pin drop silence as well. Sometimes, you need to feel calm and relaxed and certain noises could distract you really badly.

Distraction is not a good thing whenever you are working on something that is technical because you will not have the full focus to maintain a steady thinking which is going to help you to perform a very good job at the end.

Personally I can deal with working in any environment either be it quite or noisy. But preferably I enjoy working under low volume music playing in the background.

Personally I can deal with working in any environment either be it quite or noisy. But preferably I enjoy working under low volume music playing in the background.

There is a very big difference between working in environment where there is unnecessary noise and working in an environment where there is a very calm music playing in the background. You can be able to walk comfortably in the background where a very calm music is playing than working where there is animal noise.

Distraction is not a good thing whenever you are working on something that is technical because you will not have the full focus to maintain a steady thinking which is going to help you to perform a very good job at the end.

Well, I sometimes get distracted. But the good thing is the fact that people surrounding me are quite helpful and they understand me. This is why I think that communicating effectively with people is one of the most important things that you may need to do in order to get things done in a proper manner.

Yeah, loud noses can be very distractive. Some people just can't work when there are a lot of people talking. Silence is not necessary, but after some time, I have a headache.

Well, I sometimes get distracted. But the good thing is the fact that people surrounding me are quite helpful and they understand me. This is why I think that communicating effectively with people is one of the most important things that you may need to do in order to get things done in a proper manner.

It is a very good friend that you have people around you who are willing to help and support you when it comes to doing your job because in such situation you will definitely get a very big help that will make it very easier for you to complete your jobs.

I don't need it to be perfectly quite but I can't hear others talking be it people, the TV, or music. I lose focus and tend to mess things up. I like to listen to noises outside or I put on music without lyrics to help keep me focused. I don't like to sit in complete silence.

Yeah, loud noses can be very distractive. Some people just can't work when there are a lot of people talking. Silence is not necessary, but after some time, I have a headache.

Certain people are not used to live in a really noisy place, especially those people who do not live in cities. I live in a really huge city. There are many places where you can experience peace and calmness. Some people are not used to work in crowded places where there is a lots of traffic noise. However, they become used to it,.

Certain people are not used to live in a really noisy place, especially those people who do not live in cities. I live in a really huge city. There are many places where you can experience peace and calmness. Some people are not used to work in crowded places where there is a lots of traffic noise. However, they become used to it,.
Me too there are a lot of cars in my city I do hear cars a lot also I hear many other things there are a lot of people talking where I work at first it's extremely flustering but after a while you get used to it

I don't need it to be perfectly quite but I can't hear others talking be it people, the TV, or music. I lose focus and tend to mess things up. I like to listen to noises outside or I put on music without lyrics to help keep me focused. I don't like to sit in complete silence.

I know some people who are very comfortable working with white noise in the background and is the reason why some of them even play calm music in the background of wherever they are working. On the other hand, there are those who don't like any kind of noise whenever they are working.

I know some people who are very comfortable working with white noise in the background and is the reason why some of them even play calm music in the background of wherever they are working. On the other hand, there are those who don't like any kind of noise whenever they are working.
It does help when I need something going on. I don't like sitting in complete silence. I focus too much on time. In most cases, my PC is loud enough to prevent this but I intend on switching to a smaller compact PC in the near future.

Me too there are a lot of cars in my city I do hear cars a lot also I hear many other things there are a lot of people talking where I work at first it's extremely flustering but after a while you get used to it

Well, we have many people living in such crowded areas in our city. I once visited my granduncle's house and he was living in such kind of street that used to be quite noisy during the day time and night time as well. It was really crowded and noisy till midnight. I can;t imagine living in such kind of street.

Why would I be comfortable when working in an environment which is too noisy and restless? I won't have the calmness which will make me put in a good work. My work would be filled with errors and mistakes if the place I work isn't quiet.

It does help when I need something going on. I don't like sitting in complete silence. I focus too much on time. In most cases, my PC is loud enough to prevent this but I intend on switching to a smaller compact PC in the near future.

I have actually had a PC like that some years back but I didn't like the way it makes that sound, I ended up having to change it. I don't so so well whenever there's a constant noise which I'm not the one who's making it intentionally. If it's a noise from another source I didn't put, I won't like it.

To some degree, yes. I basically need quiet or music while working. People talking and moving about, slamming doors, etc, is really distracting for me when I'm trying to get things done and puts me on high alert. Mowing and strimming noises grate on my sanity.

However, I can put on my headphones and pipe in some music to get away from the noise, and I am back to a state of peace. Earplugs have also helped me in the past. I keep a pair handy on my desk.

Personally for me in most cases, I would prefer for it to be very quiet whenever I am working because I really need my focus and full concentration without any kind of distraction whenever I am carrying out a very serious set of tasks.

I used to work in an officer and the place used to be really noisy. I felt that it is quite impossible to work in such kind of places because I used to get distracted a lot. Fortunately, I no longer work in that place anymore and now i have my own room where I work daily.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds