Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you mind if your employees have guests at work?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Do you mind if your employees have guests visiting at your workplace? I think it's fine as long as it's just a quick talk and you're back to work. I don't think it'd be right to have some open door policy so anyone can come in. I think there is time for private talks and that's at home.

What are your thoughts? Do you think it's okay to bring guests if you're an employee?

Advertisement Placeholder
My former boss used to allow me to entertain visitors in the office. I think that was majorly because my job role was not tasking. I was just the company secretary. But it is not right as you are stealing time from your work.

No, I do not mind if my employees have guests at work especially if it is not frequent. And if the guests would not hinder the pace of his or her work, Then I would have no problem with receiving guests.

Currently, I do not have anyone working for me offline, however, I am strict against having guests at the workplace. In my workplace, I seek professionalism. However, the kids of the employees are fine.

I wouldn't allow my employees to spend too much time with their guests visiting at work. Just a quick talk and the employee goes back to work. It should be that employees should not have guests visiting at their work for too long that it affects their work.

Do you mind if your employees have guests visiting at your workplace? I think it's fine as long as it's just a quick talk and you're back to work. I don't think it'd be right to have some open door policy so anyone can come in. I think there is time for private talks and that's at home.

What are your thoughts? Do you think it's okay to bring guests if you're an employee?
Intresting quistion I think guests distract employees from their work, and then they don't work, but if it's not often, then I wouldn't mind at all, but if it's often, then no, because it would really affect productivity.

It is okay to allow your employees to bring visitors to your workplace but too much of everything is not good. Some people misuse this opportunity and that is why some bosses do not allow their employees to bring visitors

Yes i would definitely consider this an issue, especially in a situation where they let this distract them or affect their performance at work. There should be a visiting period where their guest can come and visit, in that way it would not affect their work.

It's not a bad thing for my employees to have guest visit them at work for all I care, it could be urgent or you could use that as a means of advertising your business to the visitor. I've had guest who ended up patronizing me inthe end so that's fine by me

Allowing workers to receive their guests at work is not allowed as this would cause distraction and time theft at work. Workers are only allowed to receive their guests during their break time. And they can receive them at the reception.

I don't mind that as long as the guest only visits during the lunch break. Having a guest visit during working hours is a no for me. Though the visit may be harmless, the effect may fall very hard on the company.

Imagine a visiting guest who got my employee emotional during working hours only for the employee to start filing wrong data because he/she couldn't comport himself/herself. The company bears the brunt if it blows in everyone's face. The employee get sacked but the damage to the company may be irreparable.

I don't have any problem with my employees having guest at work but they are only allowed to attend to their guest during the period when they are off their work and once their break is over, their guest can go.

No, I do not mind if my employees have guests at work especially if it is not frequent. And if the guests would not hinder the pace of his or her work, Then I would have no problem with receiving guests.
Me too if it doesn't affect productivity I wouldn't mind some owners don't allow guest and I understand them since guests can distract workers

Me too if it doesn't affect productivity I wouldn't mind some owners don't allow guest and I understand them since guests can distract workers

Not all the companies have such kind of restrictions. There are many companies that may allow guests, no matter what. I think that people who hold high positions in company are not restricted by anyone when it comes to meeting guests.

Not all the companies have such kind of restrictions. There are many companies that may allow guests, no matter what. I think that people who hold high positions in company are not restricted by anyone when it comes to meeting guests.

This is actually where hierarchy it plays a very big role in position of staffs in companies because those that are suited or are in position of higher level of the company will always have the liberty to entertain their guests whenever they want.

In a typical workplace setting, policies regarding guests can vary depending on the company and its specific rules and regulations. Some companies may have restrictions on guests for security or confidentiality reasons, while others may allow employees to have guests as long as they follow certain guidelines.

In a typical workplace setting, policies regarding guests can vary depending on the company and its specific rules and regulations. Some companies may have restrictions on guests for security or confidentiality reasons, while others may allow employees to have guests as long as they follow certain guidelines.

I've actually seen some companies that does not allow their workers to receive guests during working hours for any reason whatsoever and it's always written in the employment letter which are duly signed before you start working.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds