Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you make staff post?

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
Do you enforce mandatory posting limits per day on your staff? Or do you just let them have free run as long as they post a few times a week? I've been staff on forums where I've had to post 20 odd posts a day regardless. Needless to say, I left that hellhole because seriously, I cannot commit to do something in my own time for FREE everyday. If I was getting paid for it, I'd have a different attitude and make the effort, lol.

Advertisement Placeholder
i wouldnt have mandatory limits but after my recent experience i would make it clear i expected a decent level of posting and buggering off to the oppositions board to post because there were more people there was not on from staff

Definitely, mandatory limits would just drive people away in my view. But yes, reading your other posts I would make that clear to them because it is always bad when the staff post less than the members! Unless of course, your forum is huge then you don't care, haha.

My staff can do what they want since I hired 'em when they were already active/loyal members, ;) So, I don't need to worry about 'em not posting in the forums and if they don't post, I know how to make 'em post (by posting a thread which includes something that you "CAN NOT" ignore replying to :))

I never used, be recently some staff (ex-staff members now)has become very inactive. So as the admin I needed to try something to either bring them back to be activite or have them step down.I'm a very relaxed person but if staff comes on for 2 to 4 weeks in a row and posts nothing then something has to be done for the better of the forum.

2 to 4 weeks of inactivity without informing you?
That's bad. Staff shouldn't do that. At-least they got to inform you before doing this!
In my opinion if a staff member doesn't show or make posts for 3 to 4 days, you better ask them the reason.
Depending on the reason you can either make them step down or give them another chance!

I never used, be recently some staff (ex-staff members now)has become very inactive. So as the admin I needed to try something to either bring them back to be activite or have them step down.I'm a very relaxed person but if staff comes on for 2 to 4 weeks in a row and posts nothing then something has to be done for the better of the forum.

Allan, I'd pm them and if they don't have an adequate answer, then I'd remove them from the staff team. Any forum with under 30,000 posts CANNOT afford inactive staff!

Err.. one of my long-term staff members have not visited the forum since Jan 2012 but I know times can be tough so I don't rush to remove staff members. They might not have Internet and what happened to 'em might have been unexpected so why expect a notification, eh? Now, if you're talking about a newbie staff member (member that joined staff on his/her registration date) at your forum, well... who told ya to give 'em staff permissions from the very start :p

Mandatory staff posting can lead to staffers being less motivated. You should go there to have fun and do your job, not be forced into doing something ridiculous like making you post 20 times a day.

Although I do encourage staff to post frequently I don't do it to the point where it's just mandatory for them to post within a certain period of time, they get on enough that they do it themselves and whenever they're relatively inactive, then I either wait until someone notifies another or I go ahead and send a notification they might want to try and come back soon, I like to handle things nicely and not with a hard hand :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds