Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you like using the same name on several forums?

Credits
How do you manage the name's you make use of on several forum? Do you find it convenient making use of different names across multiple communities or do you make use of one name that's going to be uniform..? Personally, I find it better using only one name. It saves me a lot of stress think about my username on any forum.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have used the same name on several forums, but I try not to anymore. I don't like my name being too out there either. So I just go by simple names like Grant for example.

On my forum, I either use Admin as my screen name or sometimes I do a character role and post as a normal user. However, on the forum I participate, I try to use the same user name. I do this for two reasons, I do not have to search for a new name and avatar and I can be easily distinguished. For example, if you are participating in various online communities, you might find me as Nomad.

On my forum, I either use Admin as my screen name or sometimes I do a character role and post as a normal user. However, on the forum I participate, I try to use the same user name. I do this for two reasons, I do not have to search for a new name and avatar and I can be easily distinguished. For example, if you are participating in various online communities, you might find me as Nomad.

Personally, I find it more convenient to make use of one username whenever I am participating in any community online. This is because it helps to boost my popularity in a way that whenever I joined, people will remember seeing me in so many other communities.

In the past, I used to use my real name (mainly my first name) on the forums I posted. This helped me to be recognized across multiple platforms. It also increased my search value and grow as a blogger, freelancer, and online entrepreneur. However, I stopped using my real name because some people started harassing me.

Actually using a same name on a different platform or forums us not bad though many people this days will prefer to use different name so that they wont be easily identified on the internet because of their similar names.

I tend to use different names between forums to protect my privacy. Sometimes what is acceptable on one forum is anathema on another, and I prefer to deal with what each community wants and needs without worrying that someone from another community will see it and approve or disapprove.

How do you manage the name's you make use of on several forum? Do you find it convenient making use of different names across multiple communities or do you make use of one name that's going to be uniform..? Personally, I find it better using only one name. It saves me a lot of stress think about my username To be honest, I am not in favor of using personal details, such as real first and last names, on forums or any other online platforms that involve money-making. This practice does not prioritize privacy. When individuals share personal information like full names, addresses, phone numbers, or birthdates on public forums, it puts them at risk of identity theft, fraud, or harassment. Malicious users can exploit this information for their own gain.

Cybercriminals and other individuals can take advantage of the personal information shared on forums to launch targeted attacks, such as phishing attempts, social engineering, or hacking. By gathering these details, they can gain unauthorized access to accounts or compromise personal security.

However, it is important to note that not all online forums misuse personal information. Nevertheless, I recommend exercising caution when sharing personal information online. Always be mindful of the privacy settings provided by the platform. It is advisable to consider using pseudonyms or usernames instead of real names and avoid sharing sensitive details unless absolutely necessary.

By being proactive about safeguarding personal information and understanding the potential risks involved, individuals can better protect their privacy and online security.
How do you manage the name's you make use of on several forum? Do you find it convenient making use of different names across multiple communities or do you make use of one name that's going to be uniform..? Personally, I find it better using only one name. It saves me a lot of stress think about my username on any forum.
To be honest, I am not in favor of using personal details, such as real first and last names, on forums or any other online platforms that involve money-making. This practice does not prioritize privacy. When individuals share personal information like full names, addresses, phone numbers, or birthdates on public forums, it puts them at risk of identity theft, fraud, or harassment. Malicious users can exploit this information for their own gain.

Cybercriminals and other individuals can take advantage of the personal information shared on forums to launch targeted attacks, such as phishing attempts, social engineering, or hacking. By gathering these details, they can gain unauthorized access to accounts or compromise personal security.

However, it is important to note that not all online forums misuse personal information. Nevertheless, I recommend exercising caution when sharing personal information online. Always be mindful of the privacy settings provided by the platform. It is advisable to consider using pseudonyms or usernames instead of real names and avoid sharing sensitive details unless absolutely necessary.

By being proactive about safeguarding personal information and understanding the potential risks involved, individuals can better protect their privacy and online security.

I believe that having a good internet identity is important and that is why my name's is the same across all social media network. This makes it easier for people to find you and connect.

To be honest, I am not in favor of using personal details, such as real first and last names, on forums or any other online platforms that involve money-making. This practice does not prioritize privacy. When individuals share personal information like full names, addresses, phone numbers, or birthdates on public forums, it puts them at risk of identity theft, fraud, or harassment. Malicious users can exploit this information for their own gain.

Being security conscious is something that is very important which is why some strategies are used in forums to prevent leak of data especially by the owner and it's the reason why most forums will always advise their members not to use their real names or even release their personal data to anyone on the platform. I know is the reason why forums makes use of avatar as profile picture instead of someone's real picture.

Using different usernames on different forums can offer a level of anonymity and flexibility. It allows me to express myself differently in various communities and maintain distinct online identities.

Using different usernames on different forums can offer a level of anonymity and flexibility. It allows me to express myself differently in various communities and maintain distinct online identities.

Managing my single personality online is even very challenging and not to think about doing it with different identities online which I know that I will end up mixing everything up and make a mockery of myself along the line.

I have used the same name on several forums, but I try not to anymore. I don't like my name being too out there either. So I just go by simple names like Grant for example.

Grant can be said to be a name, too, and as long as you are making use of it, you will be known everywhere by the name. I make use of Henrywrites as a name, and I try as much as I can to use it on most of the forums and blogs that I belong to as well.

I believe that having a good internet identity is important and that is why my name's is the same across all social media network. This makes it easier for people to find you and connect.

It actually depends on what you are doing online on forums that is going to help to build your reputation and identity. Whatever you are into the business of selling services online, the quality that you deliver to your clients is always going to help to build your reputation online.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds