Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you like iPhone Face ID Security?

ShawnTheWitcher

Renowned member
Credits
The use of Face ID security is very common for iPhone, although some other smartphones are now making use of it. How do you feel about this security feature? Do you think it can be breached easily with a video your face is in?

Advertisement Placeholder
I don’t use the iPhone Face id security feature, however, i think it’s a good feature since nobody else can get into your phone except for you.
Unless they hold you at force and then place your phone in front of your face.
At least with a password, it takes active interaction from your part. The other you can be laying unconscious or dead and unless you have a massive head injury, it can be gotten into.
That's why security conscious people do not use it. I do, but a good friend of mine does not. He also lives/breathes using TOR browser for browsing and is "somewhat" a security/privacy freak.

I don't use Face ID personally and just use a passcode. I tried once or twice to get Face ID to register my face, but it just kept telling me to turn my head a certain way which I felt I was doing, but maybe not. I prefer a passcode anyway. The auto-lock on your phone can be annoying when you get the wrong passcode so many times when you keep butt dialing the passcode by accident, but I would rather it lock me up for a brief period than for someone to hack into my phone by consistently guessing different passcodes.

Unless they hold you at force and then place your phone in front of your face.
There is an option for that: Require attention for Face ID

If you do not look closely at your iPhone Face ID does not unlock the device.

If you do not look closely at your iPhone Face ID does not unlock the device.
You ever been dead/unconscious? You don't have much control over how "closely" you look at your device, nor whether action is taken to bypass security features on the device.
Not to mention, there are already documented methods that bypass the "require attention" settings. I won't go into them as not all of them are general knowledge (it helps still being connected with folks in law enforcement investigations).

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds