Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you like having shops in your forum?

MisterBobbyPin

Recognized member
Credits
Do you like having shops in your forum? I think it's a nice way of rewarding members. Should shops be utilize on your forum?

Advertisement Placeholder
I use a store on my forum for members to redeem their XP for various perks and rewards, such as username colors, cards (my approach to an award system that I think is less limiting than the traditional award system approach), and other things. The store mostly came into place due to the card/award system and most items are focused around that, but I chose to add other things as well to offer more variety.

I do on my forum, yes. Members earn "points" on my forum and they can spend it in the forum shop.

What sort of things you offer in your forum shop depends on the person that owns the forum and what kind of a forum it is.

I have one with only 9 items to purchase with points, but the shop on my forum is rarely used. I'm sure most people would want to use the advertisement items to advertise their site, but I suppose I expect a rather hefty price for that. I think shops can help bring activity to your board and more content by rewarding members with points, especially depending on how good the rewards are.

I do like the idea of having a shop on a forum, yes. Many forums now use their own credit system and being able to offer incentives for the credit they earn is a great way to get people to post and receive something in return. The forum I am working on at the moment I would love to bring credits and a shop to at some point.

Yes, that is something I wanted to do since a long time. But my forum software does not have a reliable store plugin yet.

I will have to get it done on a custom request. Or team up with like minded admins and share the cost.

Do you like having shops in your forum? I think it's a nice way of rewarding members. Should shops be utilize on your forum?
Having a forum shop in your community is very important especially if you have a forum currency. It's the place where those forum currency can be used to purchase one thing or another.

But if your forum doesn't have any currency, there's no need to set up a forum shop.

And if you have a currency and a shop you definitely need things to sell that the forum demographic would *care* about. Not all forums thrive on having 'buy sparkly usernames for 1 forumbuck' style purchaseables.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds