Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you like copying other's website?

Credits
When it comes to building your own website, do you just get cracking and creative when designing it or do you always have someone else copy which you look through and create your own? I'm guessing someone new to website design might need a few peeks here and there when designing his own website.

Advertisement Placeholder
If I already have a plan on how I want my website to be, I wouldn't be interested in copying anyone's work. But, I would happy to see mine copied because it means that I have done a good job.

If I already have a plan on how I want my website to be, I wouldn't be interested in copying anyone's work. But, I would happy to see mine copied because it means that I have done a good job.
There's no penalty for copying another person's website design down to everything. It's nothing like copyright issues. If there's a law against it, it's when one would have to worry but it's not going to work because everything starts from the forum software used to design websites.

I myself always prefer to be unique in a way so I tend to sit and plan things out before I start anything. I find that if I sit and brainstorm ideas I have and out them all together just to try and get that unique feeling I feel better in myself for having something more unique. Would I say it's bad to have a peek at other places to get some ideas? No, not at all. I just prefer to have my own ideas and I feel better if I know that those ideas were my own and not taken from elsewhere, that's just the kind of person I am.

I’m all for using other people’s sites for inspiration, but I try to give as much of a unique touch to my site as possible. I think everyone uses other people’s work as inspiration to an extent, but some people are very creative and can think of their own unique ideas.
You're right about that. Some people have a good knack of coming with an idea mixed with perfect creativity from the scratch. Whenever they are done with their project, it looks fantabulous. But generally speaking from my observations, most forum owners copy one another even down to some of their contents like the forum rules and regulations.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds