Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you know how to cook?

It's very stressful to cook for most people and it's why they keep avoiding it like plague. If one started getting cooking lessons at a young age, they will be very used to it.
Yeah, everyone likes their food cooked in a certain fashion and it's hard to cater to all those needs. Best to cook for yourself since you know what you like.

Advertisement Placeholder
Yeah, everyone likes their food cooked in a certain fashion and it's hard to cater to all those needs. Best to cook for yourself since you know what you like.
You're right about that. I try as much as possible to prepare my own meals whenever I have time to do so. But if I can't, I'll do with ordering from restaurants.

I can cook, am not a chef though, lol. Growing up, mom drew us close to the kitchen and from there we picked up the art of cooking.

I picked up a few tricks from Mom growing up. She's the kind that want us around when she's cooking.

Yes I do know how to cook. My Mum used to spend time with me and my brothers when we were kids getting us involved with cooking and learning. Once we were old enough she allowed us to make easy dishes such as spaghetti bolognese and even making cakes and such as we got older on our own. Slowly we learned from cooking with my Mum and being able to cook on our own.

I'm not a bad cook whenever I make out the time to cook, I usually cook something nice and tasty. It's just that I barely have enough time to do other things that's required of me which makes it impossible to cook all the time.

I'm not a bad cook whenever I make out the time to cook, I usually cook something nice and tasty. It's just that I barely have enough time to do other things that's required of me which makes it impossible to cook all the time.
I made noddles for my woman yesterday and even when I know I am not the best chef, I like how she enjoyed eating it. That gave me the best feeling.

I made noddles for my woman yesterday and even when I know I am not the best chef, I like how she enjoyed eating it. That gave me the best feeling.
Noddles is one of the easiest food to cook in my opinion at least if you are cooking the is usual one. I love it fried and it's not everyone that knows how to cook it so.

As the first child, I had no say in learning how to cook or not. It never bothered my mother that I'm a male, she put me through a rigorous process of learning how to cook any food you can think of. Today, I'm very happy that she did because I cook my own food now and I don't like restaurants food as a result of knowing how to cook.
My mother forced all 4 of us (3 boys and 1 girl) to learn how to cook.
In fact, when the kids were little, they told my wife they "liked Daddy's food better". Ever since then, I've been the main cook, and that was almost 3 decades ago now.
Of course, being from Texas, I do more "southern style" cooking. I REALLY prefer cooking out on the grill, but can hold my own in the kitchen on most "normal" dishes you will eat around here.
A favorite of ours is Ranger Stew.
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can green beens
1 can dark red kidney beans
1 pound ground chuck browned
1 pound Velveeta cheese

Combine all in a boiler over low heat, simmer until the cheese is melted and then dig in. Very simple meal and is great for a cool/brisk day.

I am also a master on the Traeger Wood Pellet Grill
I lean towards the ceramic Kamodo style pits (large Kamodo Joe currently) myself for most of my outdoor/grill cooking. If I'm going to do some serious slow cooking in any quantity I'll fire up the home made pit. It's basically 2x3x5 iron plate built in a vertical box with a firebox on the side of it and a lower level diverter (boy, I'm glad I took Ag in school, those welding lessons have come in handy over the years). I've found that it does better than the standard horizontal style pits that are commonly used around here. You get more benefit of the rising heat.

I can heat food so I don't get food poisoning. I can even cook to the stage where 'put some ingredients in a pan, cook them, while other ingredients are in the oven or microwave being heated'. But that's the limit of my capacity.

I'm a lazy cook, but I do know how to cook.. If I can get my mother to like her vegetables with my cooking, I consider myself a good cook.

I would say I can cook! I love looking at different recipes online or watching YouTube/TikTok videos of people making things, I have a favourites folder full of them. I think you need time and patience to 'cook'. I've found myself in the kitchen for a couple of hours just making one dish, but it's worth it in the end. Also, now that I have the kitchen the way I wanted it, it's really driven my inspiration to cook and eat better.

I know how to follow directions. I ENJOY baking cakes and etc. But cooking brings me no joy. I have an idea of what I'm doing, but I don't have the proficiency to know when like meat is fully cooked without the use of a thermometer.

When I was left home alone as a kid my typical things was ramen noodles, sandwiches, chicken nuggets and mac and cheese. -shrug- simple but all I really wanted back then.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds