Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you keep viewing the forum list?

Advertisement Placeholder
I visit the four forums I'm on actively throughout the day. On the two Jcink boards I'm on (including my own) I have the "Active Topics" page bookmarked. I have just the board index bookmarked on the two Xenforo boards I'm on and will often view the "What's New" page after browsing through some of the forums I generally post in. On my days off, it seems like I will revisit the boards over 50 times or so in one day. Also, on the two Xenforo boards I'm on I have push notifications enabled on my iPhone so I never miss a thing.

Definitely go to the What's New or New Topics more than the forum index, and it looks like there's a consensus of returning users who agree.

One thing that I don't think forums have done a good job at distinguishing is the design and presentation for new users vs returning users.

If a forum has a list of users at the bottom (ex: in the last 24 hours) I generally look at that to see how many have been on.
As for my own, same as above comment and if it's less than 60, I know it was a quietish day.

Do you like the new thread view sidebar? I've been tinkering with it since yesterday or so and still looking into ways to improve it. So, feel free to provide some feedback! :D
Other then members sting that they went it on the left or right :p

HAHAHAH - maybe a option on theme or plugin that allows members to have it on left or right, on AJ main theme

My experience is that newer users tend to look at the index, and regulars hit up what's new/unread posts. Though there *is* a subset of regular returning visitor who starts from the board index (not by refreshing it) because they're only interested in specific areas of the site, but to me this just indicates a lack of tooling for 'subscribing' to content you care about/hiding content you don't.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds