Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you keep backups of important work documents?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Do you guys keep backups of important work documents in case of emergency? I've been looking to backup my data as of late and I figure it would be best to get some external SSDs and save them all to there just in case. How many backups do you save for your important data?

Advertisement Placeholder
My boss requires me to do that since there can be a system error or something like that. I think that it's a good thing to do since you can lose your documents that might be very important.

Do you guys keep backups of important work documents in case of emergency? I've been looking to backup my data as of late and I figure it would be best to get some external SSDs and save them all to there just in case. How many backups do you save for your important data?

Well, there was a tie when I used to work for a freelancing company and I used to keep a back up of all the projects. However, I no longer do that because keeping unnecessary back up of files is not something that I do now. It occupies space in an unnecessary manner.

Well, there was a tie when I used to work for a freelancing company and I used to keep a back up of all the projects. However, I no longer do that because keeping unnecessary back up of files is not something that I do now. It occupies space in an unnecessary manner.

There is actually going to be for your own good to ensure that you backup anything that you're working on because there is always a possibility that something is going to happen in which is going to mess up lots of flies but if you have backed it up, you will have something to get back on again.

It's generally recommended to have multiple backup copies, preferably stored in different locations or using diverse storage methods. This approach minimizes the risk of losing your documents if one backup fails or if a specific storage medium encounters issues.

It's generally recommended to have multiple backup copies, preferably stored in different locations or using diverse storage methods. This approach minimizes the risk of losing your documents if one backup fails or if a specific storage medium encounters issues.

Having a backup of all my business document and transaction is something that I would never joke with because I have been in a situation whereby a loss of file had to cost me a very huge amount of money that I shouldn't have paid back because I didn't have any document proof.

There is actually going to be for your own good to ensure that you backup anything that you're working on because there is always a possibility that something is going to happen in which is going to mess up lots of flies but if you have backed it up, you will have something to get back on again.

There are many companies that backup the data on servers and they also back up the data using various hardware devices such as the USB and other kind of hardware. However, storing the data on servers and online sites could be a better option for them.

There are many companies that backup the data on servers and they also back up the data using various hardware devices such as the USB and other kind of hardware. However, storing the data on servers and online sites could be a better option for them.

Any business owner of a company that makes use of data to process several things need to take their data storage serious because if anything goes wrong with it, they are most likely going to have the business seriously affected in a very bad way.

I save everything to a personal cloud that is hosted on my own private server. I like to have backups for stuff like this. For other things that I want to keep 100% private without any risk, I use USB drives.

Any business owner of a company that makes use of data to process several things need to take their data storage serious because if anything goes wrong with it, they are most likely going to have the business seriously affected in a very bad way.

Apart from that, a company may need to rely on previous data or information at any time. This is why it may be necessary to keep a huge record of information and data in the first place. I think that majority of the big companies do keep a record of the data, as it is quite crucial. They may need it in case if they face lawsuits.

Apart from that, a company may need to rely on previous data or information at any time. This is why it may be necessary to keep a huge record of information and data in the first place. I think that majority of the big companies do keep a record of the data, as it is quite crucial. They may need it in case if they face lawsuits.

I believe that it is the smart ones that actually back up their files in server that are not even only in the company but also outside the company, so that if anything should happen tomorrow, they will have an easy source to recover their files.

I believe that it is the smart ones that actually back up their files in server that are not even only in the company but also outside the company, so that if anything should happen tomorrow, they will have an easy source to recover their files.

I really wonder what about companies that have been conducting business for more than 50 years or even older than 100 years? Do they still keep a record? The Toyota company was founded in the year 1937. i wonder if they still have the record of sales of vehicles since that time?

I really wonder what about companies that have been conducting business for more than 50 years or even older than 100 years? Do they still keep a record? The Toyota company was founded in the year 1937. i wonder if they still have the record of sales of vehicles since that time?

I'm very sure that such companies will always make provisions to documenting every kind of business transaction and processes their business has been through all those years so that they can make references very easily without any confusion.

I'm very sure that such companies will always make provisions to documenting every kind of business transaction and processes their business has been through all those years so that they can make references very easily without any confusion.

It is not only important for such companies to do so, in fact, it might be necessary for them to do so. This is especially true in countries where they make it compulsory for companies to record such transaction in order to provide accurate taxation details.

It is not only important for such companies to do so, in fact, it might be necessary for them to do so. This is especially true in countries where they make it compulsory for companies to record such transaction in order to provide accurate taxation details.

We are very familiar with how cases of cyber crime is getting out of on daily basis which is something that can result to a company's server been hacked and they are going to lose a lot of data. This is why it will benefit them well to have their data saved in another source.

Yes, keeping a good record of every important business activities and documents is good. This is for easy assessment of the business. These kinds of record usually help the business management to look back at the performance of the business.

Yes, keeping a good record of every important business activities and documents is good. This is for easy assessment of the business. These kinds of record usually help the business management to look back at the performance of the business.

There is no business owner or an entrepreneur who is very serious about his business that is not keeping a backup file for every business transaction that have been completed. This is so that there will not be any kind of data loss when something goes wrong.

ayesha I do and I consider such as very important because of any future uncertainties that May' occur.

Some documents may get lost so I believe having a duplicate of such documents will be very helpful.

ayesha I do and I consider such as very important because of any future uncertainties that May' occur.

Some documents may get lost so I believe having a duplicate of such documents will be very helpful.

This is even why a friend of mine still keep manual documents of his business transaction because there is nothing that is going to make the manual documents to be infected by a virus or system hack unless the documents get burnt or lost.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds