Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you hire to fill a quota or hire the best people for the job?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
When you hire new employees, do you hire the best people for the job? Or do you hire people to meet a quota? Like hiring based on race, sex, etc. I myself would hired based on talent and history alone. What about you?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have applied at a company in the past. I may assure you that majority of the people are seeking the best kind of employees for the job. However, if they realise the fact that a person might be somehow be able to handle the job in a fine position, then they may hire him or her nevertheless.

It is going to be for the betterment of your business organisation or company that you higher those that are best suited for the job. This is so that you will get those that are going to contribute effectively to the growth of your business and not just for the sake of hiring people.
Of course, the best suited for the important jobs I say. I imagine there are places that hire to fill a quota, maybe they're trying to do a diversity hire, where they hire only certain minorities to fill up their quota. That may sound bad, but it does happen. This means they hire people based off of their race and not always their skills to meet a quota.

I am for minorities getting jobs, but I think these programs instead pick the first people who get into it and call it a day.

Of course, the best suited for the important jobs I say. I imagine there are places that hire to fill a quota, maybe they're trying to do a diversity hire, where they hire only certain minorities to fill up their quota. That may sound bad, but it does happen. This means they hire people based off of their race and not always their skills to meet a quota.

I am for minorities getting jobs, but I think these programs instead pick the first people who get into it and call it a day.

Any business owner who wants the best for his business when it comes to growth will definitely make sure that there is nothing like preferential treatment when it comes to hiring those that is going into work for you. This is because the skill required to give their best is what matters most.

A good business manager doesn't just hire to fill a vacuum but hire the best hands to deliver desired results. This is why the office of human resource is very important in every business.

A good business manager doesn't just hire to fill a vacuum but hire the best hands to deliver desired results. This is why the office of human resource is very important in every business.

As a business owner or an entrepreneur, whenever you don't hire the right people who are going to work for you in your business, it is always going to affect your business in a very negative way because you'll be having deficiency in your production levels.

Personally I will prefer to hire the best people for their jobs welcome.

It won't be reasonable for a business company to continue changing staffs over a short period of time so I will prefer those who can do the job for as long as they can.

Well, this is why they have different kinds of quotas for different employees. I have seen many companies trying to hire different kinds of people in the same company. The number of applicants was huge. They usually opt for some specific individuals who could prove to be goo enough.

I always try to hire the best people for the job, I do not hire to fulfill the position. It is better to hire one competent person instead of two because what actually matters most is the delivery, how your staff is delivering. I will hire as many as needed and I will always hire the best people, even if it means paying more. .

My business is very early on so I am no where near hiring anyone but where I work, it is always based on experience. The location we are in as well will penalize you and make you pay a fine for not having a percentage of women or blacks working for the company. We have neither. It isn't that we wouldn't hire them, there just are not very black men or women in general interested in IT careers unless it is something like social media nonsense.

It is going to be for the betterment of your business organisation or company that you higher those that are best suited for the job. This is so that you will get those that are going to contribute effectively to the growth of your business and not just for the sake of hiring people.

I am quite sure that many companies have a recruitment process that allows them to filter out many employees or applicants who may not be best fit for the job. This is why they conduct more than one interviews in order to make sure that they hire the right people.

I am quite sure that many companies have a recruitment process that allows them to filter out many employees or applicants who may not be best fit for the job. This is why they conduct more than one interviews in order to make sure that they hire the right people.

The only way a company is going to allow this kind of a thing happen is when there is corruption in the recruitment department which is why they are most likely going to take bribe from those who applied or even employ based on familiarity.

The only way a company is going to allow this kind of a thing happen is when there is corruption in the recruitment department which is why they are most likely going to take bribe from those who applied or even employ based on familiarity.

In many governmental departments, they have a fixed quota. However, such kind of quota is basically reserved for powerful or influential people. This also involves people who bribe the seniors in order to get a job. This is a sad reality of many countries.

In many governmental departments, they have a fixed quota. However, such kind of quota is basically reserved for powerful or influential people. This also involves people who bribe the seniors in order to get a job. This is a sad reality of many countries.

This is actually part of the reason why there is so much corruption in most government Ministries because they are always working with a click that will abide by their own whims and caprices all the time. This is why we find a lot of embezzlement in so many government Ministries.

I am very intentional whenever it comes to my business. There are some times that I will need to hire an employee and I am always going to look for the best qualified person to the job depending on the description and not to fulfill some kind of quota. I believe that the work environment should be completely dependent on what you can offer.

This is actually part of the reason why there is so much corruption in most government Ministries because they are always working with a click that will abide by their own whims and caprices all the time. This is why we find a lot of embezzlement in so many government Ministries.

Well, this may be the case in many countries, especially tier 3 countries. We have the example of Congo. It is a pretty rich country and if the ministries and the government in there become devoted and think about the public, then the Republic of Congo could become one of the most developed countries in the world.

I am very intentional whenever it comes to my business. There are some times that I will need to hire an employee and I am always going to look for the best qualified person to the job depending on the description and not to fulfill some kind of quota. I believe that the work environment should be completely dependent on what you can offer.

A lot of business owners need to understand that just going by quota when it comes to hiring is always going to hurt their business rather than help it because you will simply end up getting the wrong people that are not going to contribute positively to your business sustenance.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds