Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you have an e-Scooter?

Senkusha

Recognized member
Website
www.animerpgs.com
Credits
I don't drive, and primarily rely upon public transportation (subway and the bus) to get back and forth to work. I have about a three minute walk to the subway station where I live, and about a 1/2 mile walk from the bus station to my work. I'm looking at the Fluid Mosquito, as it's only 29 pounds and folds compactly. But, spending $900 is quite a bit of money to dump on "toy". So I'm wanting to see how other people like using e-Scooters.

Advertisement Placeholder
I see many people going around the area where I live using e-scooters but it is not something I have felt I have wanted or needed myself.

When they were first a big thing, I asked my kids if they wanted one and their answer was no which I was shocked at as they were quite popular and their friends even had e-scooters.

If you are still going to do the subway/bus route, you are only talking maybe a mile of walking needed. That is no real distance to speak of. You would get better health benefits out of a skateboard or foldable bicycle than a e-scooter.
I'm over 60 years old and I do 12,000 steps twice a week in just mowing the yard... that's around 5 miles walking each time I mow it.
Then to top it off, several cities here in the US are starting to ban them from city streets, and riding them on the sidewalk is basically useless if the city has much of a sidewalk crowd. Recently Melbourne was another major international city that has banned them.

We did look at e-bicycles for taking with us when we go in the RV, but decided that honestly they were not worth the money for the additional weight they added and took away from our payload that we could use for other stuff that was more important. We just carry the standard pedal bicycles.

Last edited:
No, I don't - and they're actually illegal on public roads in the UK. That's because they're classified as 'powered transporters', and thus subject to the same rules as cars (e.g. must have insurance, number plates, indicators, and so on). It's impossible for an e-scooter to abide by all of those - and therefore, it's impossible to use them legally for travel.

They are allowed on private land; however, at that point, they'd no longer be a mode of transport: they'd just be an expensive toy.

Nope, I don't have an e-scooter. I do see many people using them though.
I had friends with an e-scooter. I have always been scared to try ride one though.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds