Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you have all of your business files saved on your personal PC or company PC only?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
When it comes to storing your important docs and info, it's probably not the best idea to store that info on a private or personal computer. I think all business related things should be kept to a business PC or private one that is only used for your business. I just don't like the idea of using a personal PC for my work. What about you though?

Advertisement Placeholder
May be convenient to have some business files on a personal PC for offline access or convenience, it is generally advisable to store the majority of your business files on a dedicated company PC or server to ensure data security, backup, collaboration, and compliance with legal and regulatory obligations.

May be convenient to have some business files on a personal PC for offline access or convenience, it is generally advisable to store the majority of your business files on a dedicated company PC or server to ensure data security, backup, collaboration, and compliance with legal and regulatory obligations.

A friend of mine who works in a tech company had a lot on his plate last month when they suffered a server attack. They lost so much data that it took them more than 5 weeks to fix most of it. They had to hire third party companies to assist them. This is all because they didn't back up data outside their company's server.

I have three different computers. I have a work desktop, a home desktop, and a laptop for the in between. Most of my personal work and things I focus on in my own time is on my personal home computer. My laptop has a bit of both and my work computer is just for work.

I have three different computers. I have a work desktop, a home desktop, and a laptop for the in between. Most of my personal work and things I focus on in my own time is on my personal home computer. My laptop has a bit of both and my work computer is just for work.

It would actually be very good for you to have a means of backing up everything that you do on your work computer on another drive so that in any situation whereby there is a corruption to your work computer, you will have something to recover your files.

I use my personal computer for business also. Therefore, my personal files and business files are on the same device. However, I have partitioned my disk and I use different drives for different kinds for files.

For safety and security purposes, I actually have those files saved on both company PC and also my personal computer in case something happens at work and those files are tampered with, then I'll have to bring the backup that I have saved on my personal computer.

The main problem with saving files on your computer is the fact that your hard drive could fail at any time and this is when you may lose all of your data. This is a really huge problem. So, storing your data in an online server could be possibility.

The main problem with saving files on your computer is the fact that your hard drive could fail at any time and this is when you may lose all of your data. This is a really huge problem. So, storing your data in an online server could be possibility.

The most important thing is for you to make sure that you store your business data in multiple places so that you know that whenever one of the places where you stored the data have been compromise, you will have another place to get your data back without much stress.

The most important thing is for you to make sure that you store your business data in multiple places so that you know that whenever one of the places where you stored the data have been compromise, you will have another place to get your data back without much stress.

When you store your data in multiple places, then the chances of losing your data is low. However, you may need to make sure that if you store your data on multiple devices, then the data does not get leaked. This is one of the most important things you should know.

When you store your data in multiple places, then the chances of losing your data is low. However, you may need to make sure that if you store your data on multiple devices, then the data does not get leaked. This is one of the most important things you should know.

Well, the multiple places where you're expected to save your data should be secure. You shouldn't make the mistake of trying to save your data and become the one who exposed in a way that it's not safe anymore. There are so many good and secure options to use for this purpose.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds