Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you grab the .COM/.NET/.ORG domains

Website
astrowhat.com
Credits
When you register your primary domain... do you grab the other two "biggies" of NET and ORG when you obtain your primary domain (if it is the .COM domain?
If not... why not... as you can easily link them back to your primary domain.
Yes.. there are a ton of other first level domains available...but for anyone using the internet in the last decade... the .COM, .ORG and .NET are the "biggies".
The other "crap" ones are simply fluff....anyone using the internet within the last decade still falls back to the old tried and trrue .com/.net/.org domains

Last edited:
Advertisement Placeholder
I have the .net, but not org. I can't afford to have 4-5 domains right now, so I just have my primary, the .net version, and my personal domain that I use sorta like a "content creator resume"

I used to grab all three. I'm no longer sure it matters as much as it used to as long as you get one of them and that there isn't something like a competitor at the others.

I don't have the money to get BlueHedgehog.com since it's a premium domain and I think a company named Blue Hedgehog is actually using this domain right now. (Surprisingly, Sega doesn't have this domain name. Though if Sonic was owned by Nintendo, I have a feeling the domain would have been registered years ago to Nintendo.) As for my forum Thee Zone, I don't really think I need the other tld names. Plus there's a company in Canada called The E Zone that has the .com domain registered.

I used to grab all three. I'm no longer sure it matters as much as it used to as long as you get one of them and that there isn't something like a competitor at the others.
This is one of the main reasons I think folks (including me) tend to want to get the main 3 "biggies". I have, over my years playing with scripts and as a user of other sites, seen folks go off in a huff and set up a competing site, simply using one of the other TLD's.
I don't have the money to get BlueHedgehog.com since it's a premium domain and I think a company named Blue Hedgehog is actually using this domain right now.
Nope... nobody but a landing page wanting to sell that domain for around $5400 USD. ;)

I don't have the money to get BlueHedgehog.com since it's a premium domain and I think a company named Blue Hedgehog is actually using this domain right now. (Surprisingly, Sega doesn't have this domain name. Though if Sonic was owned by Nintendo, I have a feeling the domain would have been registered years ago to Nintendo.) As for my forum Thee Zone, I don't really think I need the other tld names. Plus there's a company in Canada called The E Zone that has the .com domain registered.
Send them a lowball offer and see where it takes you. I did that for a premium one listed at 1200USD and got it for 250USD.

Send them a lowball offer and see where it takes you. I did that for a premium one listed at 1200USD and got it for 250USD.
Man if I had the money I'd be tempted to do that! I realized that the company I mentioned above uses a dash in their domain name which is why I got confused lol. There's also a payment plan I could use but I'd probably be paying more in the end than if I had negotiated with the owner of the domain name.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds