Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you go all out for gifts or pay what you can afford?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
When it comes to getting gifts for family, friends or anyone in your life, do you tend to go all out and buy the most expensive thing you can think of? Or do you pay what you can and buy something that is more practical? I like to do a mix. Sometimes I feel like giving family and friends good gifts, especially for holidays like Christmas and their birthdays. But on other occasions I don't go all out, sometimes just buy something cheap, maybe a card and some money. What about you?

Advertisement Placeholder
Always a card, no matter what - with usually a lottery ticket inside or a dollar bill (something our family has done for ages, we don't like empty cards.)
And then I either bake them a cake, or make some kind of dessert that happens to be their fave. 🙂
🎂 🍰

I don't go for expensive gifts but I try to gift them something of their choice and something that is within my budget.

I tend to splurge a little for my kids if I am able to but will admit that when it comes to family such as my mum, dad, brothers, auntie, grandma and such, they tend to want me to focus on my kids for birthdays and Christmas so in which case, I always get them a card.

Depending on what I get though depends on what I can afford though.

Always a card, no matter what - with usually a lottery ticket inside or a dollar bill (something our family has done for ages, we don't like empty cards.)
And then I either bake them a cake, or make some kind of dessert that happens to be their fave. 🙂
🎂 🍪 🍰

It's wrong to gift anyone an empty card. It doesn't make any sense as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't mean you have to put a $100 bill in the card. From $1 to $5 is more than enough.

Gifting should have something in it that's going to make it memorable for the person who's receiving it.

I pay what I can afford. I am not the type that would want people to go all out for me and I wondered why anyone would want me to go all out for them when they are inconsiderate of what I can afford at that moment. Gifts are not measures of love, and I won't feel bad when people send me what they can afford.

I buy gifts only when I can afford to pay for them. I also make it a priority for gifts. For instance, children will always be on my list and I make sure I can buy gifts for children first. If I still have money left, my second priority will be buying gifts for old family members. If I still have mon ey left, then I will be buying gifts for other members.

I go all out for my wife and kids primarily. Everyone else takes a back seat.

They are the main priority in everything that you're doing. They are the reason why you got married and started a family. They should get all the first benefits in everything especially when it comes to spending money for them. You're working to give them a better life.

But on other occasions I don't go all out, sometimes just buy something cheap, maybe a card and some money. What about you?
Yea absolutely, I do things to my budgeting and calculations. Instead of going all out of gifts, I purchase what I ensure is worth giving out.

If I can't cover the gifts aspect I make sure to warm their hearts by other means.

I don't have many friends and relatives to give gifts to, but I try to give gifts to everyone because I can't afford to buy everyone the most expensive gift. Of course, they can be offended, but I buy the maximum that I can afford.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds