Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

📢 Ad Revenue Do You Frequently Search For New Monetization Methods

Focusing on advertising revenue, including PPC (Pay Per Click) and CPM (Cost Per Mille).
Credits
Adsense and Amazon are the two most used monetization methods. There are few other ad networks and affiliate networks like Infiolinks, Media.Net, Clickbank, Shareasale that you can use on your site. Do you stay with the popular options for your website monetization or do you frequently search for new monetization methods like new ad network, new affiliate networks, etc.
Well, as far as I am concerned, in the past, I used to frequently search for new methods and when ever I found anything new, I used to experiment. However, these days I have stopped doing this and I focus on the popular options.

Advertisement Placeholder
Personally.. no.
As I have mentioned in prior comments, my site is ran for my benefit... I simply opened it up for others to use if they choose to.... and many DO use it for access to resources that are hard to find on the internet for the niche. I chose to offer resources that I might not use to others to ease their access to them.
Could I push monetization for access to those resources? Sure, but that goes agains the very tenets of open access to resources that I (and the original internet philosophy) was based upon.
The one pet peeve that I do have.. I get a LOT of access to those resources... and some people actually join the site. But they don't participate. That is why I have those resources available to all based upon my philosophy of free access to data.. .there is no need to join to access them.
I had hoped that those what joined the site would actually take time to participate in it. But for some reason, that does not carry through.

If it reaches a point where my site is costing me a 100-200 USD a month to run, then I may start looking at methods of monetization.. but for now it remains a hobby for me.

I have a simple philosophy, knowledge and information should be free, therefore, I do not like the websites that charge money to access information. However, I also understand it costs money to maintain free access to knowledge and information, so, using ads to generate revenue so that you can continue to provide free information is something I like to do

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 4)

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds