Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you feel comfortable ordering food items from Amazon, Etsy, and eBay?

Melanie Marie

Legendary member
Website
www.bizdustry.com
Credits
I'm always a little cautious when it comes to food. Even if it's something I can't find in stores or it's too expensive ordering directly from the product site.

There were these Smart for Life cookies I loved, because they weren't too sweet and had all kinds of healthy ingredients and vitamins. 1 cookie 🍪 represented all the food groups. But to order from the company, they were very expensive, delivery was a long wait, and shipping prices were sky-high anyway.
So I found them on Amazon, and began ordering 3 boxes at a time.
The only problem was, they didn't taste right! Not like the originals I'd been ordering directly from the cookie site.
I even had my nephew try one. He said, "These taste like guinea pig food." 🐹👀
🤔 (Why does he know that) haha
Anyway, I contacted Amazon, and even though the date on the boxes was not expired, they told me to dispose of the cookies and they gave me a full refund.

My guess is the seller probably just didn't store them properly.
OR
Put old cookies in a newer box.

I haven't ordered any kind of food online ever since, unless it comes directly from the food company.

Do you feel comfortable buying food items online? Are there any specific items you refuse to buy online?

Advertisement Placeholder
I've purchased food from Amazon, but never Etsy or Ebay. I imagine Etsy does sell a lot of homemade foods and snacks, but I've never purchased food from them. But, I may consider it. As for Ebay, I had no idea they sold food and other such items. I will probably pass on Ebay myself. But Etsy could be a fun place to maybe find chocolates and other random treats. But I'd have to look into it.

I'm always a little cautious when it comes to food. Even if it's something I can't find in stores or it's too expensive ordering directly from the product site.

There were these Smart for Life cookies I loved, because they weren't too sweet and had all kinds of healthy ingredients and vitamins. 1 cookie 🍪 represented all the food groups. But to order from the company, they were very expensive, delivery was a long wait, and shipping prices were sky-high anyway.
So I found them on Amazon, and began ordering 3 boxes at a time.
The only problem was, they didn't taste right! Not like the originals I'd been ordering directly from the cookie site.
I even had my nephew try one. He said, "These taste like guinea pig food." 🐹👀
🤔 (Why does he know that) haha
Anyway, I contacted Amazon, and even though the date on the boxes was not expired, they told me to dispose of the cookies and they gave me a full refund.

My guess is the seller probably just didn't store them properly.
OR
Put old cookies in a newer box.
Could be that they were fake versions of the food. Maybe some off-brand food made to look like the same food. It happens a lot, and there is always a risk that what you order on Amazon could be fake.

I've purchased food from Amazon, but never Etsy or Ebay. I imagine Etsy does sell a lot of homemade foods and snacks, but I've never purchased food from them. But, I may consider it. As for Ebay, I had no idea they sold food and other such items. I will probably pass on Ebay myself. But Etsy could be a fun place to maybe find chocolates and other random treats. But I'd have to look into it.

Could be that they were fake versions of the food. Maybe some off-brand food made to look like the same food. It happens a lot, and there is always a risk that what you order on Amazon could be fake.
I was thinking the same, only the cookies were individually wrapped.
So each cookie had a wrapper around it (with the brand name included), and then they put 10 of them in the company box. That's how the original company did it as well.
But let me tell you they tasted like grass or hay or something. 😝😂 Chocolate-covered hay cookies. 🐎

I'd really be afraid of getting stale items. It really only takes a small air hole to make some foods get stale and tasteless. Then there's the crush factor. Who knows what the delivery driver does with those things in the back of his truck. I prefer to go to the store and pick out the products that are packaged really well.

I do not use international marketplaces to order food, when I want to order food online, I only order from local food sellers or local marketplaces. Most of the time, I directly order from restaurants by using their app or making phone calls. I also sometimes order from the facebook pages of food sellers.

I do not use international marketplaces to order food, when I want to order food online, I only order from local food sellers or local marketplaces. Most of the time, I directly order from restaurants by using their app or making phone calls. I also sometimes order from the facebook pages of food sellers.

I am sure that there might be may people who may have had order imported products. For example, blueberries are not available in my country. No local vendor provides or offers them. However, a few local vendors sell blueberries and such kind of fruits are also imported by the vendor. If a particualr kind of food is not available in your country, then you may have to order it online using international online marketplaces.

One of the major problems with ordering from international companies in my home country is related to customs duty. All items ordered from foreign countries are subject to customs duty. Shipping charges are also very high. Therefore, I do not use international companies to order food, I try to find it locally. All sorts of foreign manufactured foods are found here, including seafood (ours is a landlocked country).

I have not ordered food from Amazon, Etsy, or eBay. I much prefer food from my local grocery stores and Costco, which are more than enough for my food needs.

I don't think I would be comfortable ordering food online. The box could end up sitting on the doorstep for hours and the food could rot. If I get it from the grocery store, it goes into the refrigerator quickly and is well-preserved.

Personally for me, it is always very difficult for me to order something that I am going to eat online without having to cook it which is why it is only pizza that I am comfortable with ordering online and it is only from Domino's Pizza or Pizza Hut that I will order from because they do a great job.

Totally get you – food is a sensitive choice. I've ventured into ordering unique snacks from Amazon and Etsy, but I do a mini research marathon first.

I've one shopping principle, don't order for what you eat online. I've respected this principle for years without defaulting it.

There are markets closer where I can buy whatever kind of food I want. It's how I shop for any food item I want. As for any other things, I can buy either Amazon, ebay or Etsy.

I don't even know much what about ordering food from any platform because I don't fancy ordering food online from any platform for any reason I rather go to a place where I can buy it with my own hands and see how the process is being done.

I don't even know much what about ordering food from any platform because I don't fancy ordering food online from any platform for any reason I rather go to a place where I can buy it with my own hands and see how the process is being done.
There was a time news circulated last two years about a brand of peanut butter which was contaminated and people were advised not to use it. I know a friend who already purchased same stock but after hearing the news, he had to bin every single one of them. The fear of food contamination is why I don't order them online.

There was a time news circulated last two years about a brand of peanut butter which was contaminated and people were advised not to use it. I know a friend who already purchased same stock but after hearing the news, he had to bin every single one of them. The fear of food contamination is why I don't order them online.
The fear really gripped that friend of yours and it was probably best for his safety. But really that is even one of the reasons, just imagine he didn't eat the peanut, he lost his money, he wasted his time and effort.

I don't mind buying food stuffs that I'm still going to cook before eating them online on Amazon or any other online shopping stores. Food stuffs like a bag of rice, beans yam, spaghetti and so much more. I don't think any harm can come from those but if it's something you eat without having to cook it, it's a no for me.

Ordering food online is becoming a really new trend. This is because such kind of applications are n ow being used almost everywhere. I myself live in a tier 3 country, however, even in here many people now use applications in order to order food. I think this trend will gain momentum for sure.

I have gotten food items from Amazon but never Etsy or eBay. I think Amazon deals directly with companies whereas Etsy and eBay are individuals selling the products. These can be tampered with, expired, etc. so I would never risk it.

Totally get you – food is a sensitive choice. I've ventured into ordering unique snacks from Amazon and Etsy, but I do a mini research marathon first.
Reading reviews is like my pre-food adventure ritual. eBay, not so much for food. I also read reviews before buying amazon or Temu clothing. It's all about that comfort level, right?

I don't order for things in that category; I wouldn't even fell very comfortable doing it. I'm a fan of ordering stuff from the internet but the truth is that it's really for other kinds of stuff apart from food.

I have ordered things in the past myself from Amazon that have been food items and I have had no issues with them.

When it comes to somewhere such as Etsy, eBay or even TikTok shop now though, I am very cautious about ordering food items from those places and tend to only go for Amazon if I order food items online.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds