Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you fear layoffs?

Claraviolet

Loyal member
Credits
I don't usually fear layoffs. I believe that if you have enough skills, then you can get another job easily. However, if there aren't enough jobs out there, then that's another story. So, in general I don't care too much about layoffs.

I do feel sad when people lose their jobs and in fact, at the moment I am jobless and finding a new job will be hard. Still, I believe I would be able to get one in the next 6 months or so. However, I am just too worried about my dwindling bank balance.

Well, what about you guys? Do you fear layoffs?

Advertisement Placeholder
The level of experience and skills you have really matters, if you have a good skills set I don't think you'll fear such things, I also don't have any fear layoffs.

I don't usually fear layoffs. I believe that if you have enough skills, then you can get another job easily. However, if there aren't enough jobs out there, then that's another story. So, in general I don't care too much about layoffs.

I do feel sad when people lose their jobs and in fact, at the moment I am jobless and finding a new job will be hard. Still, I believe I would be able to get one in the next 6 months or so. However, I am just too worried about my dwindling bank balance.

You have to have really good skills if you have a really good skill you shouldn't fear about layoffs however I would be worried if I would be not that good and professional then I would be worried definetly

The level of experience and skills you have really matters, if you have a good skills set I don't think you'll fear such things, I also don't have any fear layoffs.
That's true. So far I changed my job twice and during those times I had no less than 4 offers in my hand. So, I never really thought much about not getting the job until now.

I have migrated to a different country and my technical skills are not as desired as functional skills, over here(there are hardly any technical openings out there). For the first time in my life, I feel a bit scared about the future.
You have to have really good skills if you have a really good skill you shouldn't fear about layoffs however I would be worried if I would be not that good and professional then I would be worried definetly
I know that feeling now. My functional flow skills are not as good as my technical skills and I am worried about not getting a job in the next month or two, at the moment. My dwindling bank balance scares me a lot.

The global economy is in a huge mess right now and if you should lose your job the chances of you getting another one is not that high. This is why I am going to be more focused on keeping the one I have.

You should actually fear layoff irrespective of your level of skill. To stat looking for another job and all the process you will pass through to get another are not usually an easy one

I don't because I am my own boss and do the hiring and firing. I only fire people if find their work lacking, or I don't need them anymore. I like using the word layoff instead. It's not like I want to fire everyone I hire. Sometimes I have to lay them off temporarily. I often bring work back to them later on.

But yeah, I did fear layoffs when I worked for other people. It wasn't a fun feeling getting called down to have a meeting about my work, but for the most part I only dealt with good layoffs. I mean, as good as you get when you lose a job.

The global economy is in a huge mess right now and if you should lose your job the chances of you getting another one is not that high. This is why I am going to be more focused on keeping the one I have.
That's true, the economy is a mess and jobs are getting harder to have, if you want to make your ends meet you need to learn a profitable skills set, this very important.

I really shouldn't, as I am my own boss and am responsible for hiring and dismissing. I only let people go when I'm dissatisfied with their job or when I no longer require them. I prefer to use the word layoff in its place. I don't want to terminate everyone I hire, after all. I occasionally have to take a temporary break from them. I frequently return work to them later.

However, when I worked for other people, I did fear layoffs. Although it wasn't pleasant to be called into a meeting concerning my job, I mostly dealt with positive layoffs. I mean, as nice as you can hope for after losing a job.

Debt is a very dangerous thing and can hamper any business. That's why it's advisable not to borrow money to start a business. Debt always give person a pressure and when you're working under pressure, making a good decision become a tedious task.

If you are well educated and having good skills and knowledge about your work and much experience then you can find a new job with in days. I am not interesting in any offline even having all of the above qualities because somewhere fear of layoff develops because of the pressure of the boss or owner be your own boss at your on zone and work online.

No matter how skilled you are, you should be afraid of being laid off.
The process of starting to hunt for a new job and getting through it are often not simple ones.

I'm not usually scared of layoffs as well but getting a job sometimes might be difficult that's why I advise my friends to build a skill while on the job, that way you'll be able to control the narrative.

The fear of being layoff without my notice I the main reason why i tried starting my own business , I have seen what it can do to people , I have a friend working in a bank back then , ten workers were laid off just in a day without prior notice which is actually bad .

Sometimes it's depends , in an environment with high rates of unemployment a lot of people will not really be happy to lose their job because of the fact that they really have to struggle before they are able to secure another better job for them self.

It is not really nice for you to be sacked in any organisation without prior notice. To prevent this from being an embarrassment to you and from you being disappointed it is always better to have more than one source of income.

i do not fear layoffs, that is why i always have a backup plan whenever i am working at a job, because, anything can happen at anytime, it is better to be safe than to be sorry, always remember that

At the moment with how the economy is and how things are in the world with the cost of living being as high as it is, the fear of being laid off is very much real for many people. If you have the skills and would feel like you could get into another job easily that is great but the full truth is that at the moment, there are just not enough jobs for everyone needing one, especially if so many people were going for the same job. I am glad that I work from home myself as I feel if I was out working away from home, the fear of being laid off would be very much real for me and would be a huge worry I would always have hanging over me.

The period during COVID-19 where workers were being let go rather unceremoniously left right center has made me apprehensive towards being laid off, even 3 years on. No one is indispensable in a work setting, in my opinion

I don't care about layoffs because I am working online, skills and talent is something which will keep you fearless and it will encourage you to take risks and step to new levels of life.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds