Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you expect to work for your whole life?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Do you expect to be working for your whole life or the remainder of it? I sure hope I don't have to work until my final breath, but with the way the world is going, I may never be able to stop working. I may have to work even into retirement and I am going to hate that.

Advertisement Placeholder
Personally I think it depends on the kind of work you are into. there are some kind of works that you won't be willing to dropped out off even when you are old. while some are not intresting to continue even at old age.

I like the idea of working and retiring early but managing to keep a revenue stream going online. This would be passive income for minimal work. I would like to use my free time to then work on nonprofits and hobbies.

I like the idea of working and retiring early but managing to keep a revenue stream going online. This would be passive income for minimal work. I would like to use my free time to then work on nonprofits and hobbies.

Since inflation is growing so much, the fact remains that more and more people are reconsidering the decision of getting retired early. They tend to work a lot and they have to make sure that they save enough money so that they can earn enough money in order to support themselves.

Since inflation is growing so much, the fact remains that more and more people are reconsidering the decision of getting retired early. They tend to work a lot and they have to make sure that they save enough money so that they can earn enough money in order to support themselves.
It is a shame too. I know for my father, his debts keep him working. He is almost 70 years old and still has to work. He planned on retiring at 55 and now he says he can't retire until he is medically incapable of working.

I wouldn't like to work for my whole life. I'll like to reach a stage whereby I'll retire from everything but I'll still have multiple streams of income.

There is no way I am going to be comfortable with putting myself in a situation whereby I'm going to keep working for someone for the rest of my life because I know it is not the best way for me to live out my life under somebody.
It's the reason why I have already made arrangements on how to become self-sufficient in no distant time.

I am working from home professional. When you are working from home and doing freelancing jobs, you do not have the financial benefits that you normally get by working in a company (pension, retirement benefits, insurance, etc.). Therefore, you need to build your retirement funds yourself. As a freelancer, it is also difficult to get high-paying jobs frequently. I might be working all my life as long as my physical and mental health permits.

There is no way I am going to be comfortable with putting myself in a situation whereby I'm going to keep working for someone for the rest of my life because I know it is not the best way for me to live out my life under somebody.
It's the reason why I have already made arrangements on how to become self-sufficient in no distant time.

People should be self-sufficient for sure. There are many companies that require you to sign a contract that requires you to stay with them. This happens a lot with foreigners living in different countries. This means that they cannot return to their home country until or unless the specific job term ends at a specific time.

Depending on what i am doing but I don't expect to work for my whole life. That topic has been a big subject of concern to me because it has made me narrow down all types of options which I have and plans which I ought to have achieved before a particular amount of time. It has made me weary of all my financial options and it's worse because I'm not very business-oriented so imagine how I feel having to make sure that as much as I'm working for someone I am also working for myself to grow.

Depending on what i am doing but I don't expect to work for my whole life. That topic has been a big subject of concern to me because it has made me narrow down all types of options which I have and plans which I ought to have achieved before a particular amount of time. It has made me weary of all my financial options and it's worse because I'm not very business-oriented so imagine how I feel having to make sure that as much as I'm working for someone I am also working for myself to grow.

There are many people who keep working for their whole life. It all depends on their financial conditions. It is sad to see many people still struggling with their financial conditions in their old age and the government is not capable of doing anything in many countries,.

People are not expected to work all through their life. People are expected to make plans for their retirement. But the economy of the world are helping people to plan for that..

I sincerely hope I don't have to work for my whole life, although that's up to us and have a good plan in place to retire at a relatively young age and devote the time we have left over to live as we want without having to work again.

I hope to retire close to 50 years or if it could be earlier then better, but at 50 I would conform and be very happy if I continue to be in good health.

I sincerely hope I don't have to work for my whole life, although that's up to us and have a good plan in place to retire at a relatively young age and devote the time we have left over to live as we want without having to work again.

I hope to retire close to 50 years or if it could be earlier then better, but at 50 I would conform and be very happy if I continue to be in good health.

There are many people who never receive any kind of tax benefit in many countries. They receive a really low number of benefits and this is why they never tend to rely on such kind of "benefits" offered by the government. Majority of the people in my country depend on their investments they made in their early life.

As much as I would love to be able to stop working after a while as I get older and be financially able to enjoy the rest of my life, I don't believe that will be the case at least not with how things are at the moment in the world and also in terms of how much freelancers make and how many jobs tend to stick.

As much as I would love to be able to stop working after a while as I get older and be financially able to enjoy the rest of my life, I don't believe that will be the case at least not with how things are at the moment in the world and also in terms of how much freelancers make and how many jobs tend to stick.

A person may need to create a stable source of income before they would stop working entirely. It would not be a wise idea to stop working and expect things to never get worse. The economy is in a really bad condition and under such kind of circumstances, it is always a better idea to keep working as of now.

There are many people who never receive any kind of tax benefit in many countries. They receive a really low number of benefits and this is why they never tend to rely on such kind of "benefits" offered by the government. Majority of the people in my country depend on their investments they made in their early life.
In my case, I do not want to depend on the pensions of my country, in which you spend your whole life paying to have a decent pension and the goverment end up giving you crumbs when you retire, it is best to build your savings or investments, for example a private pension plan is a fairly viable solution at least in my country, here the only good pensions are for state officials.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds