Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you ever market your business/sites to your friends and family?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
I normally don't promote my stuff to family & friends, but I have in the past. I don't like to do it these days, as I don't like to rely on family and friends to come in as traffic. I also feel the best way to market is to outside sources. Getting the most eyes on your site is a must. At least imo.

Anyway, have you marketed your site/business to family and friends? How did it go?

Advertisement Placeholder
Not with family or friends from real life, but I frequently promote my business among my virtual friends. Actually, I made my first income from my website through a donation from a virtual friend. I made my first ebook sales by selling to virtual friends. My first online sales for products also came from my virtual friends.

When I had my first forum created for me, I really planned on my friends and family supporting me and making the community thrive. That didn't happen. It shocked me that I went out of my way to vote for friends who wanted me to sign up and vote for their kid's pic online but they couldn't take 5 minutes to sign up on my site? When I created Crafter Craze, I knew they wouldn't help me, although I really thought perhaps some would be more interested since they posted their crafts on Facebook all the time. Again, they were useless to me.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds