Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you ever connect with competing businesses to work together?

I rather look forward to start up my business in another location or possibly I focus on my business than for me to merge my business with people who are directly competing with me.
This might even lead to more serious problem if care is not taken.

Advertisement Placeholder
Competition is something we all have to deal with if you work anywhere, or in any type of business. But, there are times where it would be a good idea to work with some of the competing businesses in the area. Teaming up, or establishing a working relationship is better sometimes than actively competing with them.
I agree with you, sometimes competitions face both companies to not reach their goals, instead teaming up will help both companies to become successful.

Even if your business is big, you can still benefit from from connecting with your competitors. You'll have access to right information at the right time. And you might even got recommendation from your competitors.
That may be true but I think everybody have their own strategy when it comes to running businesses. In such kind of combination it is only the small business that will benefit more.

When it comes to business, no matter how much you feel you will be able to trust your competitor it usually is never a good idea to do so or get into working together with them unless, of course, you plan on taking over their business. Many businesses and their owners can sometimes put on a face that they want you to see and will often reel you in by working with you but away from all that, in most cases, they are trying to find out ways to compete with you even more and that can in some cases leave you with a failing business. Communication is fine, of course, there is no harm in that but letting them get to close and knowing too much about your businesses in a partner or working together way could be fatal to the success of your business.
I understand your point. Truly, they should some kind restriction in relating or forming a partnership with your competitors. Such kind of partnership has advantages and at the same time some disadvantages.

Competition is good sometimes in business, in as much as you want your business to grow day by day then, it's good to be bringing out unique strategies that can bring about success in your business as you compare the business with others that are far above you.

I don't think if coming into partnership with competing business is a bad idea, in other to improve more skills in your business, you can come together and bring out new idea.

I don't think if coming into partnership with competing business is a bad idea, in other to improve more skills in your business, you can come together and bring out new idea.
That is true. Coming together is not a bad idea at all. There is so much you can learn from your competitors and you will improve how you share customers.

There are times when you have to work together with competing business just to acheive the same goal which is to make profit together not minding of the competition between you .

I rather look forward to start up my business in another location or possibly I focus on my business than for me to merge my business with people who are directly competing with me.
This might even lead to more serious problem if care is not taken.

Well, there are many people who may refrain from engaging with people who compete with them. They prefer privacy and they do not simply like their competitors.

Actually that's what is call collation which means joining forces with other stronger business to succeed or prosper due to there influence in the market.

Well, there are many people who may refrain from engaging with people who compete with them. They prefer privacy and they do not simply like their competitors.
In terms of competition there is no way we will completely avoid it . It is always there as long as we are dealing with business that involve buying and selling of goods or services.

I have never thought about this kind of concept before to partner with business am competing with and I do not know how this would be benefit to me or to my business.

I understand your point. Truly, they should some kind restriction in relating or forming a partnership with your competitors. Such kind of partnership has advantages and at the same time some disadvantages.
that is why you should always calculate the advantages and disadvantages of such partnership before you go into it. It is not something you rush into because it can backfire.

Actually that's what is call collation which means joining forces with other stronger business to succeed or prosper due to there influence in the market.
I don't know if this will actually lead to successful business because in most cases it is not always easy for other business to absorb you into their own space most especially when they haven't worked with you before because they might believe you are not trusted enough.

the only time I will agree to team up with a competing business is if my business is small. I can benefit a lot from a big business venture. Their popularity can even help me to succeed as a small business owner.
Do you mean team up with a fellow rival in the same business line because that's what it sounded to me like and I would say that it's not actually a best idea here. They would never help you grow.

Do you mean team up with a fellow rival in the same business line because that's what it sounded to me like and I would say that it's not actually a best idea here. They would never help you grow.
Some of them can actually help you to grow your business to a reasonable extent especially when you know what you're doing. If you have a small business you can profit a lot from them.

Some of them can actually help you to grow your business to a reasonable extent especially when you know what you're doing. If you have a small business you can profit a lot from them.
That is right. Working together with other businesses can make you grow so big. This is because they challenge you to try out new things and keep improving the quality of your products and services.

I don't know if this will actually lead to successful business because in most cases it is not always easy for other business to absorb you into their own space most especially when they haven't worked with you before because they might believe you are not trusted enough.

We must remember that not all the businesses are successful. Just because a person has started a good business, that may not always mean that he may gain success.

We must remember that not all the businesses are successful. Just because a person has started a good business, that may not always mean that he may gain success.
I understand what you mean , but I was just imagining a situation that you have interest to merge your business with another business of the same type because of competition.
People operating other business and are competing with you may not want you to merge your business with them. That is what I mean.

I understand what you mean , but I was just imagining a situation that you have interest to merge your business with another business of the same type because of competition.
People operating other business and are competing with you may not want you to merge your business with them. That is what I mean.

When a huge business merges with another business, then it is actually called a joint-venture. Such kind of ventures might be or they might not be successful depending on the business strategy.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds