Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you ever carpool to work?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Do you ever carpool to work? I don't need to as I work from home, but I have carpooled in previous jobs. A woman I worked with at the call center often picked me up for work, as she lived down the road from me. Wasn't a fan of riding in her car as it barely had any room.

I think carpooling is great if you live near a lot of co-workers. Otherwise I don't see it working too well for most people.

Advertisement Placeholder
Do you ever carpool to work? I don't need to as I work from home, but I have carpooled in previous jobs. A woman I worked with at the call center often picked me up for work, as she lived down the road from me. Wasn't a fan of riding in her car as it barely had any room.

I think carpooling is great if you live near a lot of co-workers. Otherwise I don't see it working too well for most people.

I used to travel to the workplace using my motorcycle. It was a very scary experience because I live in a city where traffic accidents are quite common and I always hate to ride a motorcycle in places where the conditions of the traffic is bad. However, I never carpooled at any time.

You should be grateful if you get carpooled to work by your fellow colleague. They don't owe you being taken to work but they decided to do it out of the goodness of their heart. If I have who carpooled me to work every day, I would be saving a lot of money on transportation.

The only way that I have been in the same means of transportation to work with my fellow colleagues is because most of us usually take the same bus when leaving the office that usually goes through the same route. So, that is the only way about five of us are usually in the same bus mostly whenever we are going home but we normally come with different buses in the morning.

You should be grateful if you get carpooled to work by your fellow colleague. They don't owe you being taken to work but they decided to do it out of the goodness of their heart. If I have who carpooled me to work every day, I would be saving a lot of money on transportation.
Yeah it really is a lifesaver sometimes. But you can't always rely on carpools to get to where you need to go. And the point of carpools is to eventually share your car, as each person takes turns driving. Of course, if they still allow you to come along, than I say go for it.

The only way that I have been in the same means of transportation to work with my fellow colleagues is because most of us usually take the same bus when leaving the office that usually goes through the same route. So, that is the only way about five of us are usually in the same bus mostly whenever we are going home but we normally come with different buses in the morning.
I've always wondered about taking the bus. Never really did in my area as I always had a ride, but could always utilize the busses here if I need to travel anywhere.

Yeah it really is a lifesaver sometimes. But you can't always rely on carpools to get to where you need to go. And the point of carpools is to eventually share your car, as each person takes turns driving. Of course, if they still allow you to come along, than I say go for it.
No, it's not what you can hope on making use of all the time for going to work. You will be left stranded one day surely. You have to make your own arrangement for transportation to your workplace. There won't be any excuse you can make for being late at work with transportation as the cause.

I have never carpooled to work. Currently, I am a work from home professional, so I don't have to go to work. However, my previous job required me to travel 10 miles. I used to ride my own motorbike.

When my car was getting fixed, yes. I would have just taken my wife's car at the time but I didn't want to leave her without a car all day. This was a two week issue as well.

I have never carpooled to work. Currently, I am a work from home professional, so I don't have to go to work. However, my previous job required me to travel 10 miles. I used to ride my own motorbike.
I used to love making use of my own motorbike too for going to work until my last accident which nearly killed me. It was helmet which stopped it from happening. The helmet nearly broke in half. I saw it as sign to stop using motorbike.

I have been in a few motorbike accidents but the accidents have not deterred me from using motorbikes. Motorbikes are cheaper than cars and faster than public vehicles. As long as I was working on a job, I always rode my motorbike. Interestingly, I have also given lifts to people to reach their workplace on my way.

I've always wondered about taking the bus. Never really did in my area as I always had a ride, but could always utilize the busses here if I need to travel anywhere.

Most of the people who are working in my country are usually making use of the public bus transportation because it is more cheaper in terms of transportation cost. If you are making use of your own car, the cost of petrol is going to be very expensive for you to be paying all the time trying to get yourself to work.

No, it's not what you can hope on making use of all the time for going to work. You will be left stranded one day surely. You have to make your own arrangement for transportation to your workplace. There won't be any excuse you can make for being late at work with transportation as the cause.

I think that carpooling is quite common in countries where people have to travel to a far away place for work. Employees may be sharing a room and they may need to drive for lengthy hours. In these cases, employees may take turns when it comes to driving the vehicle.

I think that carpooling is quite common in countries where people have to travel to a far away place for work. Employees may be sharing a room and they may need to drive for lengthy hours. In these cases, employees may take turns when it comes to driving the vehicle.

There are some states or town where is very common especially when there's a very big company where most of the town's people all work. Anyone of the staff who owns a vehicle will definitely be carpooling at least 3 or 4 staffs with him or her to work.

I won't apply or accept to work on any job which is going to take me longer hours to be in the office. The long drive will wear me out before getting to work. It's going to affect how good I'm going to work and it's not going to be for the positive.

Most of the people who are working in my country are usually making use of the public bus transportation because it is more cheaper in terms of transportation cost. If you are making use of your own car, the cost of petrol is going to be very expensive for you to be paying all the time trying to get yourself to work.
Depends on the area and gas prices as well. I live in a small area, so I could carpool fairly easily. It will still cost me money, but It'll probably be a bit cheaper. Anyway, taking the bus is a great alternative, and probably cheaper for the time being. But it's a lot slower and runs on specified routes, some may not deliver you right to your work.

Depends on the area and gas prices as well. I live in a small area, so I could carpool fairly easily. It will still cost me money, but It'll probably be a bit cheaper. Anyway, taking the bus is a great alternative, and probably cheaper for the time being. But it's a lot slower and runs on specified routes, some may not deliver you right to your work.

You are right about buses being slower when it comes to what you use as a means of transportation to work especially when they are long buses. They are supposed to carry so many passengers before moving and also having to take dedicated routes in order to pick up their passengers and make several stops is also what contributes to making you late whenever you make use of them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds