Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you avoid curse words?

WizeFox22

Credits
I know a lot of successful people online who use them and I honestly think it looks cheap. I get using it for humor but to me, it just makes a person look less educated, even if they are highly intelligent. I personally avoid them online in general.

Advertisement Placeholder
Oh yes, they are very tacky. I get why some people use them but outside of Youtube, I can't see them being a good thing.

I don't really swear in general so it would be extremely rare to see it in any of my writing. I don't think there is any reason to use vulgar language in blog posts, perhaps if you are quoting someone...yet, I imagine it'd be best to censor any profanity...you never know who is reading what you write.

I don't see the need in swearing in cases where someone is seeking help or guidance, but in threads where it's a more relaxed vibe I see no harm in the occasional swear word. Although you have to bear in mind the incessant swearing could really harm your community as it can alienate some people.

I don't mind swear words. I suppose my interactions with people in the real world have desensitized me to them.

I don't have an issue with reading swear words in blog posts, so long as it isn't abusive and/or excessive. Personally, I couldn't imagine myself using swear words in my own personal blog posts, but I don't have an issue with other writers doing it. It's just not my cup of tea.

They do not really add anything to your post, so I do avoid them. They can easily offend someone, which is not what I would want to do anyways.

I do not personally use curse words online or offline. I wouldn't say that saying curse words makes anyone less of a person but it doesn't look to well on their end. It makes it hard for most people who don't curse to understand the person who is cursing. So, to answer your question, I do avoid using curse words and most of the time I also avoid them while reading blog posts and books.

Swear words are alright when people use them as sprinkles to emphasise whatever they are trying to convey. Far in between, I probably won't even notice them, unless I am not used listening to that particular term.

Myself I try my best to keep them to a minimum in my daily life and I try to keep my online persona for the most part 'clean'. Most of the time if I cussed in a blog post it was a vent on an entry locked to the public and available only for my friends. Nowadays I probably wouldn't publish it at all, but then again, nowadays probably i wouldn't go for a personal journal kind of blog either.

I honestly don't like swearing. However, it's a habit for me to swear. I really hate it and wish I would stop but I can't for some odd reason. Thankfully, I haven't sworn much here.
For me, the reason I was having trouble getting away from some swear words is that many of them leave an expressional void. I have found easier to substitute them for a different word than to skip them.

They do not really add anything to your post, so I do avoid them. They can easily offend someone, which is not what I would want to do anyways.

I agree with your statement completely. I cannot stand reading blog articles with swearing in them and my blog posts in the past, when I had blogs, were always clean. Swearing does not contribute anything to a post. In fact, it takes a lot away from it. There is no sense in doing that.

I personally wouldn't use swear words in either a blog or a forum post as it just comes across negatively despite your true intentions and is quite demeaning towards yourself I think; I can often find a synonym that expresses my opinion just as strongly if not stronger without needed to add swear words. Equally though, I won't judge others that do, it's just not my thing.

Oh yes, they are very tacky. I get why some people use them but outside of Youtube, I can't see them being a good thing.
Haha, I have to agree with you there. :) Though, I do wonder why you think swearing is appropriate on Youtube. Maybe, that's why I rarely use the site.

Most curse words are meaningless, attention-seeking, and immature. The only reason to use such words is if you're incapable of expressing yourself using proper English. They're just filler-words for those who can't form more complex sentences to express their point or anger.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds