Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you aim for grammatical perfection in your articles?

Belthazar

Loyal member
Credits
Some people go all out with grammar in their articles, and some people just type. Which are you? Do you edit your articles a bunch before you post them, or just write them and then post?

Advertisement Placeholder
I'm one of those that proof read my articles before I post them. I guess I may be a little bit more picky when it comes to my blog. I think it's just that you are putting a lot more into an article on a blog so you want to make sure everything looks good.

Yes, I feel as if I make a mistake I embarrass myself when I do make a mistake, I proof read most of the time.

I completely agree with Drew... I can't help but feel foolish when I read my article after I've posted it only to find a grammatical error. You can be a very intellectual person but if you type up an article and you misspell something or forget to word (<---example) I think it's VERY distracting to the reader...although they may not be the picky type and that they understand what you're trying to say... I think it does take away from the article a bit when that happens.

I am one of those who edit the articles a before posting them but when I read my article after I've posted i find a grammatical error. I embarrass myself when I do make that mistake.

I try, very hard, to ensure that my posts are as grammatically correct as possible. I mean, I'm not a Nazi or anything like that, but I like to strive to be better than most. I can't stand reading something that doesn't make sense. LOL

Are you sure you're not a Nazi Teg? I'm pretty amazed that you don't have more errors as from my experience your stuff tend to be very lengthy and informative. If that was me I would have errors all over the place. lol!

I am truly grateful whenever someone takes the time to message me when they see a grammatical error instead of just ignoring it.

Do y'all use any sort of grammar check on your articles? I've found a real time one for Firefox, and it really helps for writing.

I used to use Grammarly. :eek: I should start using that again, I think the only issue I had was it slowed down my browser a little. :p

Yeah I try to ensure that my articles are free of grammar and spelling errors. People don't want to go read things on a blog with a bunch of misspelled words or grammatical errors. That is a real turn off to me if I go to a site and notice things like that.

Yeah I try to ensure that my articles are free of grammar and spelling errors. People don't want to go read things on a blog with a bunch of misspelled words or grammatical errors. That is a real turn off to me if I go to a site and notice things like that.
I agree with that 100%. I find it hard to read most of what some people write, due to the awful grammar on most blogs today. It's really annoying and hard to read.

I try to, yes. Sometimes it isn't the easiest I still tend to make a few mistakes here and there since I am not perfect you could say. I would like to find a good grammar correctional website that would check for mistakes, but I never found one. Lol I have my moments once in a while depending on my mood and how I feel.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds