Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

DMCA claims on social media?

glitch

beep boop
Credits
I noticed an uptick with these. I am wondering if anyone has ever got legal help to fight one or to solve an issue over one.

I think the majority of these claims are from record labels and happen on videos that contain copyrighted music. I could be wrong though.

Advertisement Placeholder
I myself have not found that I have ever gotten into any legal issues with DMCA on social media or even on places such as YouTube or even Twitch. I do know that a lot of the social media platforms and streaming platforms have things in place to prevent those who post or use anything that may get flagged as DMCA getting into any severe issues. Twitch allows you to mute the content that causes the DMCA flag and YouTube allows you to mute or change certain areas where it picks it up as well but they also make it so that any money made from the video on YouTube will go to the company rather than to you.

You are correct though, most DMCAs come from copyrighted music.

I have filed DMCA over content theft many times. Google has addressed the issue by removing the content from search engines. Some google sites also copied my content and Google deleted these sites. As fast as DMCA's claim on social media is considered, I do not have any experience with this. But I have found that some of the sounds people I know from real life used on their tiktoks were removed by the site over DMCA.

I have never had any legal issues with DMCA on social media platforms from how long I have even using so many of them over the last couple of years. There haven't been any need either for me to file any DMCA over content theft in order for those contents to be taken down by Google. I really hate online legal battles.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds