Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Discord refocusing on 90% of users who game

CharlesK

Credits
On Discord's official blog, CEO Jason Citron has declared a bold new vision for Discord that, actually, is a lot like the old vision. After its recent years chasing the widest possible user base, Citron says Discord is returning to its original vision: being a place where you hang out while playing games.

"When we think about what the next ten years will be like and what people want from the internet," Citron says, "it keeps coming back to gaming."
https://www.pcgamer.com/software/pl...weve-recognized-the-need-to-narrow-our-focus/

Advertisement Placeholder
This is how I've always viewed Discord, it's a very convenient way to chat with other gamers as you play games together. It shouldn't be used by large communities focused on research IMO. It should mainly be used for gaming communities to chat with each other while gaming, and to give feedback on games to the developers who have servers set up for their games. I'm glad the CEO is focusing more on the roots of what Discord started as.

One of the interesting takeaways is that most Discord users are:
"hanging out with small friend groups, containing anywhere from five to 15 people."
I totally agree with this. Any time I join a large Discord, I rarely actually spend time because it's so overwhelming.

We need smaller, more intimate spaces to connect.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds