Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Discord does a rebrand. Users are already making fun

fizzmorph

Credits
The Discord rebrand sees the platform adopt a darker brand colour

But users are amused by the line "Group chat that's all fun and games". The phrase seems like it's just inviting people to continue it in the style of the popular refrain "it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt". And sure enough, a large number of the replies to the rebranding announcement on YouTube do just that.

"It's all fun and games, until someone leaks private NATO documents in the server," one person wrote. "It's all fun and games, until Discord puts more free features behind a nitro paywall," someone else wrote. "It's all fun and games until you get 5 -to 6 scammers a week trying to scam you," was another one. And "It’s all fun in games until you get DOXXED."

Advertisement Placeholder
I have absolutely no loyalty to the platform, unfortunately it's replaced enough of what used to be forums for niches I'm into that it's tricky to go without. Shame to see them flush it down but, such is life.

I agree @Darth Cognus I don't really care if it's on FAcbeook or Discord or Telegram, if it's a great community then I'm happy to hang out. But it's so sad they've replaced forums, which really are something special.

I won't lie, I do like the darker colour but I too agree with what has been said and that is that Discord did replace forums to an extent and it is a shame.

I always feel whenever Discord make a change, there is always a handful of people that are not happy or have something to say. I don't mind the new logo, I think it is great to see a fresh new logo with a darker colour.

I do feel they need to do a lot more to prevent bots and scammers, that has been quite high lately.

I always feel whenever Discord make a change, there is always a handful of people that are not happy or have something to say. I don't mind the new logo, I think it is great to see a fresh new logo with a darker colour.

I do feel they need to do a lot more to prevent bots and scammers, that has been quite high lately.

They seriously need to work on preventing bots from invading user's privacy. This is an issue that a lot of users have been complaining about and there is need for something to be done as soon as they can get it done.

People are saying Discord replaced Forums but forums as a whole were in the decline during the Skype era.

People are saying Discord replaced Forums but forums as a whole were in the decline during the Skype era.
Unfortunately Facebook groups took the activity from forums at first, but Discord took activity later on too. i know of at least one community that used to be on a forum but they made the decision to close the forum and use Discord... Which was a bad idea IMO because it's a community based around researching the various glitches in Pokemon games. Sure they have a Wiki, but I feel like lots of conversations are being overlooked and will be lost to time because it's on a Discord server.

They seriously need to work on preventing bots from invading user's privacy. This is an issue that a lot of users have been complaining about and there is need for something to be done as soon as they can get it done.
I don't see the issue tbh. This factor existed in irc days: anyone can take logs, bots or not. If you don't want your messages public, don't post them in a public environment. If it's not a public environment then somebody is fundamentally untrustworthy and needs to be removed.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds