Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Digitalpoint Switches to Xenforo

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
What are your thoughts on Digitalpoint switching to Xenforo? It's been on the cards for a while but I thought they'd decided not to bother (they had a few custom mods that they had to remake and a huge forum to switch over).

Advertisement Placeholder
its nice having something new, all their new features are nice. but its digital point, it has its own presence on the internet, now it just looks like every other xenforo site to me. and i like to see the sub boards on the main page, especially on digital point

its nice having something new, all their new features are nice. but its digital point, it has its own presence on the internet, now it just looks like every other xenforo site to me. and i like to see the sub boards on the main page, especially on digital point

The Buy/Sell/Trade area is the worst- there are 22 subforums which you have to scroll down to see....

It's great that they switched, XF is brilliant but as it is now it just looks like a twelve year old saved up the money to buy an XF forum.. they need a custom theme, and a bad-ass one at that!

What else I noticed is that you can access it from digitalpoint.com rather than forums.digitalpoint.com (they used to have a weird page describing their business on the main TLD).

It's great that they switched, XF is brilliant but as it is now it just looks like a twelve year old saved up the money to buy an XF forum.. they need a custom theme, and a bad-ass one at that!

I suppose it's a little hard when you have a forum that is known for it's dark green (not the best designer colour).

What else I noticed is that you can access it from digitalpoint.com rather than forums.digitalpoint.com (they used to have a weird page describing their business on the main TLD).

I suppose it's a little hard when you have a forum that is known for it's dark green (not the best designer colour).

WGBB looks 30x better, they should have got the theme before they switched really; seems like they just rushed the whole switch over.

WGBB looks 30x better, they should have got the theme before they switched really; seems like they just rushed the whole switch over.

May seem like that but they've been planning it for a while... :p Large forums are often immobile because they can't change too much or they risk loosing members. They probably should have risked this as an opportunity to make a nicer looking theme though...

May seem like that but they've been planning it for a while... :p Large forums are often immobile because they can't change too much or they risk loosing members. They probably should have risked this as an opportunity to make a nicer looking theme though...

I'm betting they've lost a handful of members due to the theme, hopefully they'll have it sorted.

What I felt when I saw the change! Anyway this is really a good news for xenforo!

I don't like the new look and feel of it but whatever floats Shawn's boat I guess. He was looking to switch to XenForo for a really long time so it's nice to see he finally did what he wanted to.

Come on, DigitalPoint is known for using terrible themes for YEARS. I have no hope for a new theme...we'll probably be stuck with this one for years as well xD

They didn't rush the switch at all. Shawn's been rewriting the script for ages now. I believe this theme is the new permanent theme of DigitalPoint, which is disappointing. I like vBulletin much better.

I just hate Xenforo forum.
i am sick of new established member rules over DP.
it's really hard there to get 3 likes.

I like the buy sell trade, the sections are precise so you know where to buy and sell a specific product.

This topic is a little old... Anyway- I preferred when Digitalpoint had a drop down BST list rather than displaying every single section on the forum's front page- it's messy. I like the BST area just not how it's displayed...

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds