Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Did you hire someone underage who lied their age?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Have you ever hired someone who ended up lying about their age on their application? I'm sure many teens attempt to trick the system by lying their age on their application in the hopes of landing a job. I know a lot of jobs will do background checks, so they probably would have to go for a job that wouldn't do that. I would think most jobs have a background check at the least for each new hire. What would you do if one of your employees was under 18? or 21 in some states.

I never had this issue as I don't run a business where I hired employees. I usually hire freelancers when I need certain work done. But I use freelance sites like Fiverr to find some of those people. So they would have to be of legal age to work or use fiverr.

Advertisement Placeholder
Have you ever hired someone who ended up lying about their age on their application? I'm sure many teens attempt to trick the system by lying their age on their application in the hopes of landing a job. I know a lot of jobs will do background checks, so they probably would have to go for a job that wouldn't do that. I would think most jobs have a background check at the least for each new hire. What would you do if one of your employees was under 18? or 21 in some states.

I never had this issue as I don't run a business where I hired employees. I usually hire freelancers when I need certain work done. But I use freelance sites like Fiverr to find some of those people. So they would have to be of legal age to work or use fiverr.

There are many people who lie about their age in order to get a job. This does not only happen with teens. In fact, many older people may also lied about their age. They may be a bit older than the minimum age required for the job. However, they claim that they are quite younger than they actually are.

This has never happened to me. When I hired staff, I always made sure to check their government ID to learn personal details including age, so that I did not have to go through legal troubles in the future.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds