Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Dialup with android phone

digital help

Recognized member
Credits
Is there a way to connect to dialup with an android phone by "calling" the phone number and using the internet connection. You see I have unlimited talk and text but not data so I was hoping to be able to use the dialup through a phone call. Is this possible?

Advertisement Placeholder
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-7584_102-327703/connect-to-the-internet-via-my-cell-phone-using-dialup/

From that I gather this is only possible if:
If you find a cellular phone with a builtin fax modem. These are so rare that you would know if your phone has such.

I'd imagine that it would be horrendously slow. When most people used dialup, websites were designed for it. Now websites are much larger. Try loading technewscentral.co.uk (@xpl0iter's site) on dialup. I've monitored TNC (as its hosted on our server) and sometimes the page gets up to 6mb! Generally it is around 3mb.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds