Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Designing a Logo for WGBB

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
That's right, I am designing a logo for us. Just out of boredom really, but who knows, maybe xpl0iter will like it and make me like uber famous. :p

I am just creating this topic to showcase my logo and stuff (When its made) and to get ideas of what you guys would want to see in our logo. Are you a fan of sleek, modern designs or do you like all singing, all dancing colors and fluffy rainbows prancing around? I don't mind, I'll take any suggestions!

Advertisement Placeholder
No worries mate, I'm not degrading your logo attempt though! I just fancy making a few logos for some odd reason. :p

I see what you did there, Flame. Haha, I don't think modern and sleek fit well together will fluffy singing rainbows, haha.

Heres my first attempt, thoughts please. :)

kvuDj.png

What exactly about it Sam? I wanted the 'BB' part to be bigger just..because. I did find it a problem to get the Web and Guru aligned with the BB just how I like it though. Just direct me and I'll see how it goes. :p

The slogan 'box' bit didn't come out how I wanted though. I think I'm good at getting the shape down but when it comes to colouring, my brain says goodbye. I can never get colours right! :(

I like the slogan box! I just dislike that the BB stands out a lot more than webguru and the slogan area which means all I look at is the BB.... :)

I like the Slogan part. About the BB part I guess its the Sizes. Did you try Web & Guru to be exact same size.
BTW nice work man! :)

Web/Guru are the same size ;3 Do you mean in relation to the BB?

I like the slogan box! I just dislike that the BB stands out a lot more than webguru and the slogan area which means all I look at is the BB.... :)

Hmm, well I just wanted BB to stand out because of how it is in the current logo but I see where you are coming from. I do have a few more designs swimming in my brain though, I'll see what I can come up with next. :p

Thanks for the criticism. :)

Nice- I like :D

Glad you like it Sam, got the idea from a tutorial over at webdesigntuts (Along with the template/jagged part) but I took away the original design and designed my own stuff around it. I quite like the 'WEBGURU' logo also, i think it would fit quite nicely here. :p

Its live on our Twitter account anyway but the template is more for 1440 x 900 resolutions which is meh but I can work with that. xD

On a side note, I am going to be working tentatively on a custom theme for WebGuru which will probably take me a few years but hey, why not? :p

Cheeky, haha. I'm trying to design the pollbars currently. Not going well though, noob thing won't show up. xD

This is what I have done so far which isn;t much as it is simple edits but for my first foray into XF style design I'd say I'm getting there. xD

-Breadcrumbs
LSlJj.png

- Poll area (Mod from XF Forums i've edited) -
SOvCx.png

Nice work! So we may actually get to see something before 2014??? I'm actually looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!! Because if you can design good Xenforo themes, you can also sell them!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds