Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Deleting or Archiving?

Clarendon

Reputable member
Credits
So on your forum do you delete content or archive it? Generally I've never deleted content and rather just moved it to a trash bin area as it keeps it or archival or reference purposes should I need evidence of the actions of an individual and I like to know what members have done what. Also who has access to these archival forums? Moderators, Admins or the whole team?

Advertisement Placeholder
Whenever we have posts made on here by spam bots, we typically delete the content, since there's really no reason to keep that kind of stuff around. Other than that, I'm all about archiving stuff. It's great to be able to go back and reference it at a later date, just in case. We have one big archive that all of our staff members can access, but there's also a very small archive that only administrators can access.

Whenever we have posts made on here by spam bots, we typically delete the content, since there's really no reason to keep that kind of stuff around. Other than that, I'm all about archiving stuff. It's great to be able to go back and reference it at a later date, just in case. We have one big archive that all of our staff members can access, but there's also a very small archive that only administrators can access.

Absolutely. That's the way it should be. Archive the good stuff and delete the bad stuff. It's always great to see our old archived content again when ever we're feeling a little nostalgic.

Absolutely. That's the way it should be. Archive the good stuff and delete the bad stuff. It's always great to see our old archived content again when ever we're feeling a little nostalgic.
Yes I agree it is often nice to look over old posts and bring back nostalgic feelings :p

Some of the posts I remember in WSF's trash bin had some pretty good content that we were able to reference back to if needed!

I permanently delete any posts which violate the forums rules or alternatively delete posts which need deleting. Before, all staff members had the permission to delete posts. I may consider creating a archive for my next forum as you then have the deleted posts if you want to use it as evidence.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds