Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Delete My Account Now

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
What do you do when a member demands you delete their account?

What if they demand it under GDPR or some internet policy such as that?

After you delete their account, do you have rules on whether they can come back or not?

To delete or not to delete, that is the question!?

Advertisement Placeholder
I actually had this happen a few months back, I didn't mind as they hadn't been around for ages and just wanted to clear their Internet footprint for whatever reason. I just accepted their request without issue.

When I read the topic before I clicked on it, I thought a user was asking for their account to be deleted.
---
If this did happen, I would accept their request.
If they wanted to come back, I would also allow them to.
You don't know what is going on in a person's life. I'm sure they have their reasons.

I actually had this happen a few months back, I didn't mind as they hadn't been around for ages and just wanted to clear their Internet footprint for whatever reason. I just accepted their request without issue.

When I read the topic before I clicked on it, I thought a user was asking for their account to be deleted.
---
If this did happen, I would accept their request.
If they wanted to come back, I would also allow them to.
You don't know what is going on in a person's life. I'm sure they have their reasons.

I agree with both of you.

I would personally allow accounts to be removed upon request.

I'd let them come back, too.

But if they kept asking to be deleted and came back repeatedly, I'd have to issue a ban for that. Or at least quit deleting accounts.

I agree with both of you.

I would personally allow accounts to be removed upon request.

I'd let them come back, too.

But if they kept asking to be deleted and came back repeatedly, I'd have to issue a ban for that. Or at least quit deleting accounts.

Yeah I certainly couldn't be bothered having to action that over and over again haha, not worth it.

Yeah I certainly couldn't be bothered having to action that over and over again haha, not worth it.
And I've seen these instances occur, too.

Member joins, gets angry, demands to be deleted.

Gets deleted. Rejoins later and repeats.

At some point, it's trolling, no matter their situation.

They get "deleted" using he XF default.. if they come back later... sorry asshole, your posts are simply as a new user.. you don't get any "special" benefit.
I agree with deleting their account and adding a bogus username to be applied to their content.

Deleting content can mess up a topic or discussion.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds