Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Customer Interactions

DevilXsummoner

Website
rawhost.net
Credits
What are the worst or funniest customer interactions that you've had? Share them here!

The funniest one for me went like this:

Me: Thank you for calling CompanyName, Jordan speaking, How can I help you?
Lady: How do I save the current page that I am on so I can access my email for a verification code
M: Have you tried opening a new tab?
L: What's a new tab?
M: Try clicking the "plus" near the top of the browser
L: There's no plus, what's a tab?
M: Try pressing CTRL+T for me
L: Now the page disappeared!
M: The page is st-
L: I'M JUST GOING TO CALL TURBOTAX! THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!

And then she just hung up.

The other one has to be when a customer came in, he said his wife turned off his computer and he cannot get an image to display. He said he tried flipping the switch on the power supply and still nothing. I asked if he tried pressing the power button, he replied "Son of a bitch!" He gave me a $10 tip lmao.

Advertisement Placeholder
I've been lucky enough to not have any crazy interactions. I work just with distribution centers and the majority of the people I work with are at least a little tech savvy.

I've been lucky enough to not have any crazy interactions. I work just with distribution centers and the majority of the people I work with are at least a little tech savvy.

It not whether or not a person is/not but whether if they are willing to understand. "Problem" clients are usually either abusive or ignorance.

Oh boy I did ISP tech support for four and a half years, so I've had my fair share of noteworthy customer interactions :yum:

Interactions like this one were always my favourite:

Me: "Hey there thanks for choosing <local isp>, you've reached Colin - how are you today?"
Cx: "MISERABLE. THE INTERNET ISNT WORKING AGAIN AND I HAVE TO KEEP CALLING YOU PEOPLE! IM GETTING PRETTY TIRED OF THIS!!!1"
Me: "Oh no! Im sorry to hear that." <proceeds to get info & pull up account>
Me: "Hmmm it appears I cannot communicate with your modem! Do you happen to know if there are any lights on it?"
Cx: "WHAT? NO? WHAT'S A 'MODEM'?"
Me: "The modem is the device we would have installed when you had <local isp> internet installed."
Cx: "THEY NEVER INSTALLED ANY 'MODEM' DEVICE, I SWEAR YOU PEOPLE MAKE STUFF UP ALL THE TIME"
Me: "I assure you we definitely installed a small black box with green and orange lights in your home, otherwise you wouldn't have any internet. Would you mind taking a look around to see if you fi-"
Cx: "FINE" <sound of phone being slammed into hard surface>
<few minutes goes by, modem comes online>
Cx: "I found a motorola box in my office that was unplugged.. I think my cats must have been playing with the cords or something oh look my facebook is back"
Me: "Terrific! Im glad we we're able to get your internet back onli-"
-line disconnects-

Nothing like getting called a liar, being interrupted and then hung up on!

#callcentrelife

Oh boy I did ISP tech support for four and a half years, so I've had my fair share of noteworthy customer interactions :yum:

Interactions like this one were always my favourite:

Me: "Hey there thanks for choosing <local isp>, you've reached Colin - how are you today?"
Cx: "MISERABLE. THE INTERNET ISNT WORKING AGAIN AND I HAVE TO KEEP CALLING YOU PEOPLE! IM GETTING PRETTY TIRED OF THIS!!!1"
Me: "Oh no! Im sorry to hear that." <proceeds to get info & pull up account>
Me: "Hmmm it appears I cannot communicate with your modem! Do you happen to know if there are any lights on it?"
Cx: "WHAT? NO? WHAT'S A 'MODEM'?"
Me: "The modem is the device we would have installed when you had <local isp> internet installed."
Cx: "THEY NEVER INSTALLED ANY 'MODEM' DEVICE, I SWEAR YOU PEOPLE MAKE STUFF UP ALL THE TIME"
Me: "I assure you we definitely installed a small black box with green and orange lights in your home, otherwise you wouldn't have any internet. Would you mind taking a look around to see if you fi-"
Cx: "FINE" <sound of phone being slammed into hard surface>
<few minutes goes by, modem comes online>
Cx: "I found a motorola box in my office that was unplugged.. I think my cats must have been playing with the cords or something oh look my facebook is back"
Me: "Terrific! Im glad we we're able to get your internet back onli-"
-line disconnects-

Nothing like getting called a liar, being interrupted and then hung up on!

#callcentrelife

Oh boy that is a bad experience.

Oh stuff like thats quite common in call centre land! I refuse to work in them anymore, not worth the mental abuse imo.

My three and a half years at Walmart introduced me to all kinds of wonderful people. I’ve been filmed, spit at, cussed at, threatened, assaulted, etc. When I first started, I took these kinds of things personal and it really and truly bothered me. I would legit be upset over an unruly customer. After a few months, I learned to not give a shit.

My three and a half years at Walmart introduced me to all kinds of wonderful people. I’ve been filmed, spit at, cussed at, threatened, assaulted, etc. When I first started, I took these kinds of things personal and it really and truly bothered me. I would legit be upset over an unruly customer. After a few months, I learned to not give a shit.

That honestly sounds really horrible. I've seen the many people of WalMart, they aren't good customers.

There are plenty of awful customers in every retail store, but Walmart is notoriously bad. It's not a bad place to work, you just have to stay away from the front end. Too much shit happens up front. :yum:

There a thing called "management" and the "atmosphere" that dictate how "bad" people will usually act. IE. You can generally find this prevalent in gaming communities easily...

A. The communities that have GOOD admins coupled with QUALITY atmosphere will usually yield good game plays.
B. On the other hand communities that have "amateur admins" and/or BAD atmosphere will usually yield "toxic" game plays...

Same idea here, so I would at least blame Walmart for not attending to both of these. Now I am not saying it "bullet proof" (and it isn't) since other variables are in "play" here. Such as but not limited to what communities are around. For instance if your in the gaming communities that tend to have "toxic kids" (say Minecraft) your always going to get "bad apples". But that doesn't stop a solid Minecraft server and community being able to provide a quality game play right? Same idea here.

There a thing called "management" and the "atmosphere" that dictate how "bad" people will usually act. IE. You can generally find this prevalent in gaming communities easily...

A. The communities that have GOOD admins coupled with QUALITY atmosphere will usually yield good game plays.
B. On the other hand communities that have "amateur admins" and/or BAD atmosphere will usually yield "toxic" game plays...

Same idea here, so I would at least blame Walmart for not attending to both of these. Now I am not saying it "bullet proof" (and it isn't) since other variables are in "play" here. Such as but not limited to what communities are around. For instance if your in the gaming communities that tend to have "toxic kids" (say Minecraft) your always going to get "bad apples". But that doesn't stop a solid Minecraft server and community being able to provide a quality game play right? Same idea here.

There's tons of different factors that impact the atmosphere of a business, so I wouldn't necessarily say it just comes down to poor management. And I'd say most of the issues come from the lack of communication between the corporate offices and the individual stores. I'd say the demographics of the area has a lot do with it. And this Walmart is right outside of Metro Nashville, so a lot of the rift raft from the sketchy parts of Nashville would come out to this Walmart, because corporate didn't allow our store to have as many AP (asset protection/loss prevention) associates. Thieves will drive out of their way because they know they have a 99% chance of getting away with it.

Nashville would come out to this Walmart, because corporate didn't allow our store to have as many AP (asset protection/loss prevention) associates. Thieves will drive out of their way because they know they have a 99% chance of getting away with it.

I can fully relate what going on there. As it indeed very true and happens digitally as well. Unfortunately as with the internet everyone need to understand and take actions. As you mentioned it appears that because of the cooperate ineffectiveness to communicate and/or equip these stores as needed is really what putting this on "stand still". Thus it sucks for everyone right from the upper management right down to the fellow customers. :(

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds