Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Custom or Branded?

shamzblueworld

Reputable member
Website
awebmastr.com
Credits
Which one do you prefer? A custom PC or a branded one?
I made my desktop about 7 years ago and it was custom, have not upgraded it though.
Now I mostly work on my laptop.

Advertisement Placeholder
It always has to be custom built for me, it's cheaper and I get to spend a few hours building it, which is always nice.

Mine's custom built currently. I can build them myself but I got this one built by a company so it is under their warranty as I wanted the security if it broke down. I have built my own before though. Branded PC's bore me now. :p

I have both custom and branded xD
All three of my laptops are HP. My desktop is also an HP. Not that I'm in love with HP or that they are really good computers, just because at the time I was shopping for a computer, they had the best deals for the specs they gave you.

I also have a custom desktop as well. (Yes I honestly do have this many computers at once, normally only have three going at once though) I built it for the real powerful gaming system. Hardly ever use it now :p My laptop has always been portable while powerful enough to play my games.

Haven't had a custom built PC in a while (Been buying laptops the past few years), but when it comes to a desktop I have to say to always go custom if you know how to build a machine.

@Jordan

Specs for the Gaming machine? Also, if you don't use, then why not sell it?

If I were still using large desktop towers, I would probably build my own these days. However I am mainly working on laptops or All-In-One systems, which are much more compact and streamlined. I've not seen any generic cases for building slim all in one systems, with the monitor built in. If these start becoming available I might consider.

Branded I keep it simple :D , but I would like a custom pc :D that would be really cool

Branded I keep it simple :D , but I would like a custom pc :D that would be really cool

Could probably get a fairly good custom build for the price of your branded PC tbh, maybe better for the price. :D That's just me speculating though. :p

Could probably get a fairly good custom build for the price of your branded PC tbh, maybe better for the price. :D That's just me speculating though. :p
To be honest with you I am not sure, its because in Serbia well , we are kinda 100 years behind most of the countries xD so I am safer with a branded one than buying a custom one and finding out that it doesnt work as it should :D

To be honest with you I am not sure, its because in Serbia well , we are kinda 100 years behind most of the countries xD so I am safer with a branded one than buying a custom one and finding out that it doesnt work as it should :D

Haha, that's understandable! I had the same worries about my custom one so I got it built by a company. So if it goes wrong, it's their problem to fix it. :p

I prefer custom because I can wrap up all the good parts from different companies on a single one and make a good everyday use PC. And also gets different warranty for different parts.

I have a branded PC, because at the time of the purchase I couldn't afford to build myself a custom PC. I'd say that if you've got money and knowledge, then it's better to build a custom PC to get most out of it.

I only own branded computers atm, but I do prefer custom. Main reason I have branded computers is because they are all laptops xD. But once I get the cash I'm gonna build a custom desktop PC.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds