Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Creating a User Generated Content site, is it profitable?

Well definitely you can create one if you want to it's true there are lots out now but a lot van determine and shift things like the reward system but that would require starting out big

Advertisement Placeholder
I think it is because you engage both guests and registered member of the forum but you must t rules and regulations

Unless you become something like facebook where millions of people create content every day for free, you need to pay users to build content on your website and this might financially daunting.

Provided you're active with your kids to filter any low quality, spam, trash posts surely your user generated content site will thrive higher.

I believe it would be very profitable. A lot of users would love to contribute and giving them the opportunity would give rise to lots of content, leading to lots of users trooping in

Honestly, it depends on the type and genre of the user generated content site. I ran a news and commentary related site that had it's own user generated content at one point, and it made on the average from Google Adsense, between $350-550 per month. Once we had our SEO fixed up and worked on our adsense categories, it had increased to over $1,000 per month. The site is now no longer listed in adsense, but I figure if it was still running ads with everything worked out properly, it would probably be up to the $5,000 USD range by now, with earnings.

Yeah. You can generate income because apart from using the ad networks, you can sell advertising space to those who desire online visibility especially if you have large traffic on a constant basis.
I know of a forum in my country that does this and they generate way more than what Google would ever pay.

Creating a user generated site is profitable but one has to patient to attract a lot of users for the profit to come, since people will pay before posting you have nothing to lose than to make sure you protect your site always.

The problem with platforms like this is that people are actually going to be posting because of the money so you will have a very tough time trying to filter out a negative and rubbish contents.
After you calculate expense on payments you have also to pay staff and moderation team for daily moderation work and it needs a big budget to spend for these people because a website having 10,000 users will be hard to be moderated only with one administrator.

Considering the fact that generating site like that requires time and high demand for capital,but I am very sure it will be profitable.

Honestly, it depends on the type and genre of the user generated content site. I ran a news and commentary related site that had it's own user generated content at one point, and it made on the average from Google Adsense, between $350-550 per month. Once we had our SEO fixed up and worked on our adsense categories, it had increased to over $1,000 per month. The site is now no longer listed in adsense, but I figure if it was still running ads with everything worked out properly, it would probably be up to the $5,000 USD range by now, with earnings.
I once ran an article (user submitted articles), the site was making between $80-$110 per month. Then I sold the site for $2000. The new owner could not run the site for a long time

User Generated Content, or in other words, the practice of having users contribute to a brand’s content creation has become one of the hottest social marketing trends now and a real driving force for growth and revenue. What exactly is user generated content and why many brands are voluntarily relinquishing their control over content creation in favour of their customers? Here is all you need to know
User Generated Content, or in other words, the practice of having users contribute to a brand’s content creation has become one of the hottest social marketing trends now and a real driving force for growth and revenue. What exactly is user generated content and why many brands are voluntarily relinquishing their control over content creation in favour of their customers? Here is all you need to know

Last edited:
Creating a user generated content website is actually very profitable because content from users are normally organic and most advertisers are always after website that get content from different people because they are mostly unique.

User Generated Content site is a site where users join and create content. User Generated Content site might reward the users (just like this forum) or may not reward users (just like facebook). Now, my question is can a User Generated Content site be profitable considering a fact that there are already a lot of non-rewarding and rewarding User Generated Content sites. Can you actually money by creating such site?
I think that this can be extremely profitable if it is done in the right way because if you do have a lot of people that are going to be engaging with one another then obviously you can try and monetize the website based on certain advertisements that can be displayed and this will provide a very good income source.

You can profit from user generated content site, owners of social media sites are making millions and billions, thanks to user-generated content. While that might not be possible for an average Joe, it is still possible to make money. However, you will have to run the site for a long time and work really hard to build authority on the niche

You can profit from user generated content site, owners of social media sites are making millions and billions, thanks to user-generated content. While that might not be possible for an average Joe, it is still possible to make money. However, you will have to run the site for a long time and work really hard to build authority on the niche
But in result of that you need to pay them for their work as the article generate sales for you so it could be win-win condition and not just redeem their work for free except the budgetary is not enough for paying out the users for their generated content except if it is plagiarized from somewhere.

It can be profitable, however, not everyone can manage a user generated content site. I have tried launching user generated content site three times and failed.

Not happy to read that you were unsuccessful with creating a user generated content site and keeping it going. What really happened? Why did it fail and what can you say was the reason why it happened the way that it occured? Maybe someone can learn from your mistakes, so as not to repeat same mistakes in the future too.

Last edited:
Not happy to read that you were unsuccessful with creating a user generated content site and keeping it going. What really happened? Why did it fail and what can you say was the reason why it happened the way that it occured? Maybe someone can learn from your mistakes, so as not to repeat same mistakes in the future too.
In order to profit from user generated content sites, you need to provide your users some value, and most of the time it is cash incentives. IN order to offer cash incentives and make your users continue to create content, you need a huge cash reserve. Sadly, I was always on limited funds.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds