Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

CPM ads - annoying pop-ups?

lludawg

Reputable member
Credits
I don't seem to be getting clicks with my CPC ads and I am wondering if I should switch to CPM. However, I do not want those annoying pop-up ads on my blog. Are all CPM ads pop-up ads? Also, how much do they pay per 1000 impressions?

Advertisement Placeholder
If you aren't getting clicks with your CPC ads, and they are of good quality, then it is unlikely that you will earn very much running CPM ads. People make the mistake that if they aren't getting clicks then they should switch to CPM and get paid for every page view. However ad networks/ advertisers aren't stupid. If your visitors aren't going to click on the ads they are displaying, they are going to either ban you or give you a very low CPM rate.

If you aren't getting clicks with your CPC ads, and they are of good quality, then it is unlikely that you will earn very much running CPM ads. People make the mistake that if they aren't getting clicks then they should switch to CPM and get paid for every page view. However ad networks/ advertisers aren't stupid. If your visitors aren't going to click on the ads they are displaying, they are going to either ban you or give you a very low CPM rate.
I see. Maybe it would be better for me to stick with CPC then! It is kind of funny because I am getting no clicks but every day I still receive a couple cents. Does that mean that some of my Adsense ads are CPM or is this just normal?

I see. Maybe it would be better for me to stick with CPC then! It is kind of funny because I am getting no clicks but every day I still receive a couple cents. Does that mean that some of my Adsense ads are CPM or is this just normal?

I believe adsense does offer CPM as well as CPC so that's not really surprising. You need to optimize your ads: ensure they have good placement on your site as well as making sure the keywords/ content on the pages match the ads being displayed.

I believe adsense does offer CPM as well as CPC so that's not really surprising. You need to optimize your ads: ensure they have good placement on your site as well as making sure the keywords/ content on the pages match the ads being displayed.
Any tips on ad placement positions for a blog? Currently I have the ads in the middle of each blog post and I do not seem to be doing too well with them.

Any tips on ad placement positions for a blog? Currently I have the ads in the middle of each blog post and I do not seem to be doing too well with them.

I haven't dealt with ads (and adsense) for a while but:
- Changing ad locations regularly usually provided a short term boost in clicks.
- Having the ads stand out a bit (colour wise).
- Link ads (the link bars that adsense offers) generally have a lower CPC rate but have a really good CTR.
- Don't just use banner ads, use a combination.

Than
I haven't dealt with ads (and adsense) for a while but:
- Changing ad locations regularly usually provided a short term boost in clicks.
- Having the ads stand out a bit (colour wise).
- Link ads (the link bars that adsense offers) generally have a lower CPC rate but have a really good CTR.
- Don't just use banner ads, use a combination.
Thanks for those tips! I will try them out. Honestly, do people even click ads nowadays? I feel like people are easily aware of ads and tend to avoid them.

If you have 4 banners per page, it may happen that user skip that part and go directly to the content. If there's no click, it means the site has no value for advertisers. Try to add the links within the content to get conversion!

Pop up ads can be very annoying and I know from experience that they do turn people away from your blog, website and forums because of how annoying they are. If you are looking into changing from CPC to CPM then I would be sure to check about pop up ads to see if you can avoid them if possible as it may be bad for you in the long run if you start using pop up ads.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds