Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

CPC or CPM - Which do you prefer?

JLogan

Legendary member
Website
www.clickreadshare.com
Credits
Which ad type have you earned more from? I've earned about $40 from adsense clicks on Admining over a 2 month period, but these clicks aren't very often. I'm considering switching to a CPM but then again I don't get a huge amount of traffic either.

Which has been more successful for you?

Advertisement Placeholder
Which ad type have you earned more from? I've earned about $40 from adsense clicks on Admining over a 2 month period, but these clicks aren't very often. I'm considering switching to a CPM but then again I don't get a huge amount of traffic either.

Which has been more successful for you?

Neither, hence why I've moved on from CPM and CPC... I'm sure you can be successful using both but I've never managed to do it. I got to $95 in my Adsense account before being banned.

Mind I ask what the reason for your ban was?

Well. Hmm. It was entirely my fault, shall we say. "Invalid Click Activity". I suppose I did what I did because the ads displayed didn't relate to the target audience which was teenagers. I suppose I was young and naive and thought I could beat Google. In fact, they only caught me because I was logged into my account whilst clicking an ad. I suppose he majority of people that are caught have no real traffic, which I did....

Well. Hmm. It was entirely my fault, shall we say. "Invalid Click Activity". I suppose I did what I did because the ads displayed didn't relate to the target audience which was teenagers. I suppose I was young and naive and thought I could beat Google. In fact, they only caught me because I was logged into my account whilst clicking an ad. I suppose he majority of people that are caught have no real traffic, which I did....

Tsk tsk...

If you're gonna cheat google then don't be a n00b ;)

I have always found cpc to be awesome. Their payment rate is good imo!
For CPM you need to have huge, really huge traffic if you want to earn good money!

I have been contemplating whether I should go with CPC or CPM so that is why I am bringing this thread back. I am wondering, how much traffic per day or month should you be getting before going from CPC to CPM if yu aren't getting many clicks?

I have been contemplating whether I should go with CPC or CPM so that is why I am bringing this thread back. I am wondering, how much traffic per day or month should you be getting before going from CPC to CPM if yu aren't getting many clicks?

I'm pretty sure I answered this in another post. If you aren't getting clicks then CPM isn't likely to pay you very much either and you could be banned. You might wish to try doing private adverts which are targeted toward your site.

I'm pretty sure I answered this in another post. If you aren't getting clicks then CPM isn't likely to pay you very much either and you could be banned. You might wish to try doing private adverts which are targeted toward your site.
Makes sense but if you are getting 100 000 views a day but no clicks then wouldn't CPM be the better option? How could this get you banned?

Makes sense but if you are getting 100 000 views a day but no clicks then wouldn't CPM be the better option? How could this get you banned?

The ad network's first responsibility is to the advertiser, not the publisher. They don't want their advertisers not getting results from their ads. If no one is clicking ads on your site, even if you have a heap of traffic, they are going to consider your site low quality and ban you.

The ad network's first responsibility is to the advertiser, not the publisher. They don't want their advertisers not getting results from their ads. If no one is clicking ads on your site, even if you have a heap of traffic, they are going to consider your site low quality and ban you.
Oh I see! Thanks for the info!

The best choice is CPA! But if you want to deal between CPC and CPM, it is good that you keep them both! With CPC, you can make $50 with 20 views for 4 clicks by example. There's no guarantee. With CPM, you need tons of traffic but you can earn up to $10 per 1000 views without click. There's no guarantee neither. You better use both on the page, the better win!

As advertiser, i prefer CPC; i'd like to pay for at least a visit on my website that can help at least my traffic ranking. As publisher, i like CPM because i just have to drive traffic to my website but i still prefer CPC as i can count on quality traffic to bring 500% more revenue with the same quantity of traffic.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds