Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Contest ideas?

lludawg

Reputable member
Credits
What are some contests I can run on my forum to help it gain members that will stay even after the contest?

Advertisement Placeholder
Would be nice if you would tell us what your forum is about, since we could provide you with some more unique contest ideas and perhaps even some potential rewards you could offer to the winners.

As for general competitions, there's not much that comes to mind other than posting or referral competitions. If done correctly, you'll gain new members that'll stay after the competition ends. But of course you have to provide rewards specific to your niche and therefore target people that might be interested in your forum.

Would be nice if you would tell us what your forum is about, since we could provide you with some more unique contest ideas and perhaps even some potential rewards you could offer to the winners.

As for general competitions, there's not much that comes to mind other than posting or referral competitions. If done correctly, you'll gain new members that'll stay after the competition ends. But of course you have to provide rewards specific to your niche and therefore target people that might be interested in your forum.
It is actually a friend's forum which is all about the latest pop music. I do not think posting or referral contests with work well with this niche right?

Well you can do a song writing contest or maybe a mixtape contest, best playlist contest ...just let your imagination go wild, combine it with a little music and some prizes and you got yourself a nice contest idea.
Here is a good example:
Theme: Nature
Goal: Most views on your video than the others songs.
You upload all the songs to your channel and post a link to your forum in the description and with it you get promotion and boost your YouTube channel :D
The winner I dunno gets money or something, your choice ;D

I really like @Shole's idea of the best playlist contest. With that your friend could involve everyone within the community, since there are tons of websites that allow you to listen to music online and make playlists at the same time (e.g. Spotify and Grooveshark).

hmmmm. playlist is a cool idea to be honest... maybe a lyric contest... funniest or most creative lyrical verse or chorus created

Expanding on @Shole's idea. It could be a remix or mashup contest with a monetary prize and each video has to have a link to your friends forum at the beginning to give maximum exposure.

I say give out itunes cards or something in that sense? Maybe even give out headphones or something like that should surely help.

You can arrange any of the following contests:

- Referral contest.
- Top posters contest.
- Member of the month contest.

Any of the above 3 contests may help you to generate activities.

You can arrange any of the following contests:

- Referral contest.
- Top posters contest.
- Member of the month contest.

Any of the above 3 contests may help you to generate activities.
I feel like some people would just join for these types of contests then leave after... do you think this will be a problem?

Perhaps music tickets? The winner would tell you where he is located and you give him tickets to his nearest venue location?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds