Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Collecting coins, anyone here do it?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
I don't have much of a collection myself, I have all 50 state quarters on one of those US map boards, but that's really it. My father has a jar of old coins in his collection, but I have no clue what the worth of it all is. I know he has a 1900 or 1910 dime, I forget what year. But he has some wheat pennies, which are said to be worth some good money.

I'm thinking about trying to collect coins of my own, but I don't know if I want to spend a lot on it. I've been leaning towards collecting cards again instead. Maybe I can do both. :D

Advertisement Placeholder
Unfortunately, I don't have the interest in collecting coins in my country because even the paper currency is very useless, so what am I going to be doing with the metal coins that are very heavy?

I know that it is something that can be kept for future reference purposes for my kids or any other thing but it is not something that I'm interested in doing.

Unfortunately, I don't have the interest in collecting coins in my country because even the paper currency is very useless, so what am I going to be doing with the metal coins that are very heavy?

I know that it is something that can be kept for future reference purposes for my kids or any other thing but it is not something that I'm interested in doing.
I collect coins, I have British pounds, dollars, I have Cuban coins and bills, I also have Norwegian coins, Swiss coins, some dirhams (Morocco), and dinars (Algeria), I also have pesetas (old coins from Spain) and more, I usually invest in them very sporadically, I have been collecting them since I was about 17 years old.

I collect coins, I have British pounds, dollars, I have Cuban coins and bills, I also have Norwegian coins, Swiss coins, some dirhams (Morocco), and dinars (Algeria), I also have pesetas (old coins from Spain) and more, I usually invest in them very sporadically, I have been collecting them since I was about 17 years old.

This is very nice. You're picking out history and keeping it in your possession. I wish I had this hobby but it's not what I liked collecting. You're doing a great job at it. It's old national and club side jersey I've been collecting for 20 years.

The only money that I've collected and kept a substantial amount of it is the Biafran currency of part of the States that wanted independence from Nigeria. They fought Civil war over their independence but lost. They are now trying to use a referendum to achieve what they couldn't through war.

This is very nice. You're picking out history and keeping it in your possession. I wish I had this hobby but it's not what I liked collecting. You're doing a great job at it. It's old national and club side jersey I've been collecting for 20 years.
Thank you, it's a hobby and an investment at the same time since I see a possible revaluation in all the rare coins I'm buying, I even have a Peseta from 1944 which already costs more than $80, so who knows, maybe what I bought at one point for $2-$3 I can sell much more expensive in the future.
The only money that I've collected and kept a substantial amount of it is the Biafran currency of part of the States that wanted independence from Nigeria. They fought Civil war over their independence but lost. They are now trying to use a referendum to achieve what they couldn't through war.
Maybe those coins in 50 years will be worth a lot of money in your country, keep them, you never know what can happen.

Thank you, it's a hobby and an investment at the same time since I see a possible revaluation in all the rare coins I'm buying, I even have a Peseta from 1944 which already costs more than $80, so who knows, maybe what I bought at one point for $2-$3 I can sell much more expensive in the future.

As time passes, the value of those coins which you've collected will keep appreciating. It's a good hobby turned investment. It's like real estate investment in buying lands but with the difference of the coins being cheaper when you collect them.

Maybe those coins in 50 years will be worth a lot of money in your country, keep them, you never know what can happen.

Well, as of right now the currency is actually worth nothing but in a situation whereby Biafra finally attains their independence, I know it is going to worth a huge amount of money which is the reason why I have faith to still be investing in collecting and keeping those currency.

Well, as of right now the currency is actually worth nothing but in a situation whereby Biafra finally attains their independence, I know it is going to worth a huge amount of money which is the reason why I have faith to still be investing in collecting and keeping those currency.

If it looks like there's hope for the Biafra to achieve their objective, it will be smart to invest in those currency. If things goes as planned, you'd be one of the first richest people of the new country.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds