Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Cocoa vs cassava farming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both crops are profitable but it depends how how soon we want our capital. It takes more than six years for cocoa plantation to germinate whereas cassava is ready for harvesting in less than six months. So, it depend on our plan of when we are expecting returns.

Advertisement Placeholder
Hi everyone, I want to seek your opinions concerning this two, I want to wholly invest in one these two farm produce but I really want to seek advice from you before I commence.
Which of these two do you think is more lucrative and profitable and why you think I should it is better
Wow this is really a hard one,I would choose cocoa because cocoa is a cash crop and will probably reward you more but then again getting a cocoa plantation is a long time process. If you are in a hurry to reap your rewards I will definitely say you choose cassava. Besides I think the price of cassava just went up recently.

When you are investing in any agricultural product the turn out is always massive as far the farm properly maintained and more labourer or mechanized farming is practice, for cocoa and cassava, they are both in high demand as the can reproduce many things

Both are lucrative the of farming, they are richly productive and economical too. Like cassava you can process it to produce different things, unlike cocoa you will still process it to produce other food beverages that is rich in health.

Cassava farming would be more profitable i think because after harveting the roots "cassava" you can replant the body of the plant you just need to chop it into several small pcs and it doesn't need to be maintained, what you need is a good piece of land to plant

Cocoa and cassava are great crops and very profitable though it takes different time period for the two crops to fully germinate. cocoa takes 2 years to fully grow while cassava takes a year. Both are highly in demand and requires good soil and land in order to start

They two are very good to start with.
But,I will preferably choose cassava that's in the aspect of my country.
The reason why I won't go into cocoa is because it is mainly used to be processed in outside my country and when you will want to sell it, it will be bought at low price because it's an international trading.
But if it's cassava, here in Nigeria now a bag of cassava dried one is about #24,000 . Can you see how lucrative it is?
I also believe that the price will continue to rise because, not everyone farm cassava because if the Fulani herd men.

i cant choose one over the other, they are both lucrative as for cocoa i don't know how long it takes to grow from nursery to harvest but for the most farthest in cassava is 10 months, there even newer improved species that can yield in 6 months.

I will choose cocoa over cassava

Better income, increased diversity and less environmental degradation are just some of the advantages that result from establishing a cocoa agroforest. Intercropping cocoa with food crops is common practice when cocoa seedlings are being established and successful interplanting of coconut with mature cocoa is well documented. But cocoa plantations can be greatly enriched by planting additional tree crops, which can provide fruit, timber and fuel. Cocoa is well adapted to inclusion in multi-product and multi-strata agroforests in West Africa and Central America and, by diversifying production, smallholder farmers can safeguard their income should cocoa prices fall

We don't have cassava in Southern Africa so I honestly don't know much about it to form an informed opinion. With you being on the ground, between the two of us, you are best placed to observe and ascertain which of the two is the most in demand wherever you'd be looking to set up the business. Ask yourself this, of the two, which is more in demand, which is the hardest out of the two to source locally and wich you can easily source and supply. That way, you'll be able to make an informed decision.

Both cocoa and cassava are very gold options for one who wants to go into farming business because there are high demands for both commodities and they are not substitute, so starting the two will be of a very good benefit and income.

Both are very good crops that can fetch you good cash. Both can be processed into finished food and can be exported. Cocoa is a long term cash crop that can last for several decades. Cassava is a yearly crop that brings cash quicker but you have to farm every year and replenish the soil nutrients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds