Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Cheat Guides

Advertisement Placeholder
I used to use cheat guides off and on when I gamed more when I was younger. If you're on a mission to beat a game and you use a cheat guide to do so, then it's pretty understandable seeing as you wanted to get to the next part of the game and you've probably tried multitudes of times to get past the stage you're on to no avail.

The main cheat guides I remember using were some of the ones for the Yu-Gi-Oh Gameboy games where you could insert a specific ID to obtain the card in the game.

I used strategy guides to help me get through some games when I was growing up. I didn't have a computer so I couldn't look up walkthroughs. Cheats also helped me beat my favorite RPG, Legend of Legaia. So it wasn't really cheating, just the "cheats" I printed off had a complete art list so I could have my characters learn all the different arts to help me beat the game. It also helped me learn about hidden items too.

Cheating is a by-product of game difficulty and on some level is an accessibility question.

There are those who lament that games have ways to make it easier, "you didn't grow, you didn't learn anything, you only cheated yourself", but these people fail to understand that not everyone has the time or ability to invest in 'getting good' at the game to that extent. There are people out there who simply lack the ability to execute what's needed in some games (e.g. Street Fighter 6 is much more welcoming for people with ADHD than previous entries because you don't need to memorise sequences of button presses, let alone the correct combinations of sequences, to pull off the power moves)

On the other hand, cheats and walkthroughs are definitely ways to open up parts of games that you'd never reach. I wonder how many devs truly want their players to not finish the game? If they've put all the hours into making all the content, surely they'd want players to *see all that content*? I know I would - and I remember when point 'n' click adventure games actually stated in them 'we don't want you to play the game, we want you to complete the game', though the game that first did that promptly got a bashing in all the reviews for being too easy.

I have certainly used cheats to see things I hadn't seen before in games. I've used cheats in games to beat things I couldn't otherwise pull off, and I've used walkthroughs to solve things I'd never figure out on my own. I'm not 10 any more, I don't have endless hours to pour into trying things over and over again without success. There's also so many games out there that if one game hits me over the head too hard... I'll just stop and go play something less aggravating because I have so much choice I'll never run out of new things to see.

Also, I give you this: featuring the Duke D'Hardcore mocking players that hold the more ridiculous views.

Do you think they ruin they fun? I think they do. Nonetheless, I've wanted to beat things so bad, that I have looked at them. However, it's very rare, but then again, I tend to play the same games.
I see nothing wrong with it. That's what the Game Genie, Codebreaker, and Game Shark are designed and made for.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds