Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Career advice inquiry - obtaining business startup capital, etc.

linux.poet1

Training Manager
Community
Credits
Basically, for the past 10 years, I've spent my life wandering around from one interest to another, mostly in the fields of design, writing, and gaming (think chess, spider solitaire GPTs, and some MMORPGs, though chess has been the main thing).

I have two Associate degrees from my local community college, one in English, one in Web Graphic Communications. I have a certificate in web development. Most of my experience has been in Wordpress and publishing. I kinda hate it. I'm one semester away from finishing a Bachelor's degree in English.

My goal is to earn $200,000 for a small amount of land for me and my boyfriend to live on. This land would also serve as a workspace for me, since I eventually want to go into sewing design/art and woodworking. I find that I am calmed more by working with physical objects, rather than trying to deal with people and organize information. Right now I am working out of a small room (for the sewing) and a shed (for the wood).

1. Should I even bother finishing the English degree in this Chat GPT climate? If so, what jobs should I look for with the web/english combo? I find that the publishing industry resents web designers, so I don't want to work in a field where everyone hates me every single day.
2. What are the most lucrative markets to target with small wooden objects or sewn designs?
3. If I view the wood and sewing as a business, what is the best method to raise startup capital for it?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement Placeholder
Pursuing a degree will be beneficial for career growth even though we have a lot of AI tools that allow us to create content. We need to understand the basis of AI generated content. This content is not trusted by search engines, therefore, in the long run. Your skills will help.
As far as raising capital is considered, crowdfunding can help if you have a really good project. Try kickstarter.

@linux.poet - I do not think that ChatGPT would make it hard for freelancers to make money. The claim that chatgpt would make it hard for freelancers to make money is a myth which has been circulating for some time now. ChatGPT cannot generate unique content. It is a kind of spun content which is generated by the algorithms of the software and it is not reliable content at all. People usually use ChatGPT for reference only and much of the information on chatgpt may or may not be reliable.

@linux.poet - I do not think that ChatGPT would make it hard for freelancers to make money. The claim that chatgpt would make it hard for freelancers to make money is a myth which has been circulating for some time now. ChatGPT cannot generate unique content. It is a kind of spun content which is generated by the algorithms of the software and it is not reliable content at all. People usually use ChatGPT for reference only and much of the information on chatgpt may or may not be reliable.
Hmm. I thought that A.I. were making marketing blog posts for business use now, pushing human-made written content out of internet markets.

If businesses are looking to cut costs, using an A.I. to generate text has to be cheaper than paying another human being a salary.

A lot of people who want to offer you money will want to speak to you face-to-face and as such basic knowledge of English is important or you can at least hire a translator.
If you will want to go into would work then families who are just setting up homes should be people that you can target.

Hmm. I thought that A.I. were making marketing blog posts for business use now, pushing human-made written content out of internet markets.

If businesses are looking to cut costs, using an A.I. to generate text has to be cheaper than paying another human being a salary.

Well, it seems like you are talking about Chat GPT. The ChatGPT cannot generate a unique article at all. It can create a good looking article. However, the kind of content it generates is definitely not unique and it is not acceptable by google. This is why no one uses it or prefers it. It can never generate an in-depth article.

Been able to raise the capital you need to start your business is one of the first challenges that you need to overcome because the moment you cannot be able to generate the capital to use an execute to your business plan, it is going to be a fruitless project because it can never come into existence.

Many people use various kinds of techniques in order to raise capital. This also involves many techniques such as using crowdfunding methods. The main problem is the fact that many people may not trust you in case if you opt for the crowdfunding technique in order to increase the amount you need in order to run a business.

Many people use various kinds of techniques in order to raise capital. This also involves many techniques such as using crowdfunding methods. The main problem is the fact that many people may not trust you in case if you opt for the crowdfunding technique in order to increase the amount you need in order to run a business.

I can equally add that the most important thing is for you to get the capital that you're going to use to run your business in a way or from a source that you know that will not add excessive pressure to you in terms of being able to pay back the money because that will make it very difficult for you to manage the business with peace of mind.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds