Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Can you fire people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abigael

Captain Junkie
Credits
One of the areas of management, whether it is in an organization, company or any other business is having to hire and fire employees. Hiring seems so easy to do but when it comes to firing people, it can be such a dreaded task.
So my question to you is, can you fire people? And what are the right steps to do when firing someone?
Personally, I have never fired anyone but I think I have got the guts to do it if there is need to.

Advertisement Placeholder
We have the right to fire someone if he keeps making mistakes, if he has been given a few warnings and is still making mistakes, then do it before things get messed up.

I don't get what's the hard part in firing people. If you are going to fire someone you are obviously going to do it because something they are doing is bad, either they don't respect the rules or their skills are not the ones required for that job. So obviously you have to fire them and hire someone who is better.

Before you employ them there will be a contract, rules and terms that follow with it, and punishments for breaching those rules and terms. so if there's a breach you simply follow what the rules say if it's sack or suspension or pay cut, then you do it.

Dreading firing your employees means that you are being too emotional. When it comes to business, you can't allow emotions to rule you if not you will be taken for granted and easily manipulated.

Some people like Vince Mcmahon can fire anyone for any reason, but some just can't fire and do other ways to treat employees. I support the middle way of non emotional and non heartless.

We got all the right to fire an employee if there is need to.But i think the best thing to do before firing an employee first you should counsel and warn him about his mistakes so when he repeats it,then there is no option apart from firing the person
I agree with you here. One should be warned first instead of just firing them directly for one mistake made. You can give them a chance to train and correct their mistake. And if they never gain the competence required, that is when you let them go.

In my case, if the employee has incurred in misconduct, an administrative follow-up is carried out, minutes are drawn up with legally supported witnesses, and then it is passed to the superiors, who remove him from the institution, change his position or dismiss him . It depends on the severity of the fault.

Yes I can fire anyone...my business comes first if there’s employee that’s underperforming for no reason or breach the company’s terms and conditions repeatedly then I’ll definitively fire him or her

That depends on their mistakes . If they did several mistakes and caused prblms every time i will but if it's first time i'll warn them

Yes I can only when the person is not adhering to the rules and regulations of my company, I will fire immediately to ensure protocol is observed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds