Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Can Money buy Happiness?

Credits
I hear a lot of people saying "Money can't buy happiness". Do you agree?

In my opinion, Money does buy happiness. When you are able to give a good life to your children, able to gift your parents their dream car, able to do charity, able to save life of your loved one who is admitted in the hospital, the smile you put to their face and the joy yours and their hearts are filled with are all because of the reason you had money. If you didn't have money, all of it wouldn't be happening.

This reminds me of a quote by Shahrukh Khan (Bollywood Actor) - "Don't become a philosopher before you become rich!".

Lets here how you feel about it.

Advertisement Placeholder
It’s often a case of “I want that” then when human has it, human is no longer happy and wants something else. There will always be more, other stuff, more money, this, that. Humans aren’t satisfied with what they have or get.

I’m not talking about ambitions or goals, that’s something completely different.

Give someone a million in their currency and they’ll be happy. But for how long?

I think it goes both ways. Money can create happiness due to being able to pay off all your bills, do fun stuff with your money, and not have to worry about debt. On the other side of the spectrum money, when you have way too much of it, can make other people attracted to you just due to the money you have, which is a sad thought that it's hard to make genuine friends or relationships when people are out to get your money. Secondly, a lot of celebrities have so much money that they spend it on drugs and other unhealthy habits. You can become more greedy with the money you have when you have a lot of it, thinking you are superior to others due to your finances.

I think money up to a point buys freedom from worry - which is happiness in a way. I wouldn't need a supercar to be happy, but if I could afford a house outright and have enough money to pay my bills (with plenty to spare) I'd be happy. Once those basic needs are met (housing, food, security, etc.) everything else is a plus.

Money also buys time. If I only had to work three days a week... That's a lot of free time to just do what I love, or be lazy, or anything. That's why people hire cleaners, gardeners, drivers, etc. It just frees up time.

Like above, I would say a bit of both. Having a lot of money would let you live comfortably without having to worry about mortgage payments or food bills, and you could just get what you wanted, when you wanted. On the flip side, some people would see you as an easy target and take advantage, plus you may end up getting greedy and an inflated ego, which in the end will make you miserable when it all comes crashing down.

I wouldn't say that money does not buy happiness as I can imagine it would but if it were a lump sum of money that you received, how long would it bring you happiness before it was gone?

Something such as having a steady income or even a passive income coming through and you being happy that you could keep up with bills and treat yourself and your family and not have all the worries you used to have, could bring happiness but that would be financial stability.

Money doesn’t necessarily buy happiness but it’s an important step to being happy. My biggest stress? Money. Not being able to afford all of the bills. So in that sense, yeah, money does make you happy.

But if I was given a million quid then there probably would be a limited amount of happiness. Once I’m comfortable that’s when it will stop. I’d rather be comfortable and have friends and family than just money etc.

It’s often a case of “I want that” then when human has it, human is no longer happy and wants something else. There will always be more, other stuff, more money, this, that. Humans aren’t satisfied with what they have or get.

I’m not talking about ambitions or goals, that’s something completely different.

Give someone a million in their currency and they’ll be happy. But for how long?
I wouldn't say that money does not buy happiness as I can imagine it would but if it were a lump sum of money that you received, how long would it bring you happiness before it was gone?

Something such as having a steady income or even a passive income coming through and you being happy that you could keep up with bills and treat yourself and your family and not have all the worries you used to have, could bring happiness but that would be financial stability.
Money doesn’t necessarily buy happiness but it’s an important step to being happy. My biggest stress? Money. Not being able to afford all of the bills. So in that sense, yeah, money does make you happy.

But if I was given a million quid then there probably would be a limited amount of happiness. Once I’m comfortable that’s when it will stop. I’d rather be comfortable and have friends and family than just money etc.

They'll be happy for a short time then be sad for not having another million and so on. Thats human nature. It has to keep coming continuously and keep fulfiling their needs & desires.
I think it goes both ways. Money can create happiness due to being able to pay off all your bills, do fun stuff with your money, and not have to worry about debt. On the other side of the spectrum money, when you have way too much of it, can make other people attracted to you just due to the money you have, which is a sad thought that it's hard to make genuine friends or relationships when people are out to get your money. Secondly, a lot of celebrities have so much money that they spend it on drugs and other unhealthy habits. You can become more greedy with the money you have when you have a lot of it, thinking you are superior to others due to your finances.
Like above, I would say a bit of both. Having a lot of money would let you live comfortably without having to worry about mortgage payments or food bills, and you could just get what you wanted, when you wanted. On the flip side, some people would see you as an easy target and take advantage, plus you may end up getting greedy and an inflated ego, which in the end will make you miserable when it all comes crashing down.
True. Not everyone handle money properly. They get easily lured into habits that negatively affects their life. Having continuous source of money with great return on investment and a healthy clear mind on how to put it to right use can only turn in to a positive thing.

I had this conversation with a friend of mine. I asked him, "how would you feel if I gave you £1,000,000?"

He said it would be fantastic, life changing.

I asked, "how would you feel if I gave you £10,000,000?"

Again, he said it would be incredible.

So I asked, "what about if I gave you £10,000,000 and in exchange you didn't wake up tomorrow?"

He wouldn't accept it. You see, money isn't everything. Life is, time is. Your time is finite. It can't be bought or sold. It's worth more than any amount of money.

If you had enough to not have to worry about where your next meal is coming from or how you’re going to pay your bills then I think a certain amount of money certainly can buy happiness. Too much and I think it probably starts to have the opposite effect.

One of the biggest causes of suicide is debt and lack of money. So I think that just goes to show money is an important building block to a happy and secure life.

Having money can take away money-related stresses which will make you happier, but it doesn't "add" happiness beyond that point like say a loving partner would. I earned less than $20k but didn't have much money-related stress as a uni student and I was just as happy as I am now with a decent salary after graduating. If I was earning <$20k with two kids I definitely wouldn't have been so happy.

On the other hand, there is a relatively common phenomenon where people who are unhappy will take an overseas trip, usually somewhere in Europe, and find that they're still unhappy even though they were "buying happiness".

I think this is more of a personality thing - are you jealous or are you grateful? This is often a peer pressure issue especially with youth and social media

I hear a lot of people saying "Money can't buy happiness". Do you agree?

In my opinion, Money does buy happiness. When you are able to give a good life to your children, able to gift your parents their dream car, able to do charity, able to save life of your loved one who is admitted in the hospital, the smile you put to their face and the joy yours and their hearts are filled with are all because of the reason you had money. If you didn't have money, all of it wouldn't be happening.

This reminds me of a quote by Shahrukh Khan (Bollywood Actor) - "Don't become a philosopher before you become rich!".

Lets here how you feel about it.
No. Money can not buy you happiness. You must discover happiness within yourself. Likewise nobody can MAKE you happy. Happiness is an attitude about your life. External things, passions, hobbies, all of these these THINGS can be taken away. People come and go. But once you find happiness in yourself (yeah, I'm talking spiritual), you'll never need to WANT for happiness. It took me just over forty years to discover this truth. However, I will say that having money makes life EASIER, but it rarely finds you happiness -- in fact, I would argue that money may indeed cause UNhappiness.

Money is useful, but it doesn't buy happiness in the traditional way of thinking. What money does buy is security and freedom. It's the same as when people retire. They save money all their lives and finally have enough where they don't need to work anymore and yet it ends up killing them. People need a purpose in life. They also need to maintain a social life if they want to keep having a reason to get up in the morning. I have suffered with major depression disorder my entire life. I have learned a lot about myself and my life going through the ups and downs of this disease. There are days where it's hard for me to find the energy to brush my teeth or take a shower. Do you think money will fix that? Happiness is a mental game. The only thing that gets me through these rough patches is forcing myself to do what I know is right regardless of how low my energy or mental health is at the time. I find talking with friends, being around loved ones, and fulfilling my purpose of the day is what gets me to the other side. The Happiness side.

It doesn’t but happiness in my opinion. It creates security and is helpful which then does make us happy. If we were able to pay off our debts another way we would be happy. Money is important unfortunately but it is not the end of the line to become happy. Rich people often struggle with this sentiment. They have the money and there is nothing else they need to strive for typically. This is what causes depression sometimes.

Family. Friends. Life is important.

I agree security is definitely important.

If we were able to pay off our debts another way we would be happy.

Paper money hasn't always been a thing. People used to trade for what they needed with what they had surplus of. In economic terms they say, cost advantage.

I agree security is definitely important.

Paper money hasn't always been a thing. People used to trade for what they needed with what they had surplus of. In economic terms they say, cost advantage.
I have been seeing barter used more in the last years than ever before. My husband fixed something for someone and someone gave them a Carolina reaper plant which can be costly. It’s crazy what things people can use as a trade.

No, i think if people have "Money" or lots of it i think they let it go to their head and i extremely hate this as this has been the case for me and coworkers, and even a friend that got money, alot of money and they became people i did not want to be around...

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds