Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Can a forum have too many subforums?

Credits
Do you believe that a forum can have too many subforums? I believe so, if there's too many sections to navigate a forum it can be cluttered. Though I also feel that having not enough sections can be a bit off putting as well. There is a perfect balance somewhere, I say depending on the niche having around 10 or 11 sub forums might be okay. Any more than that then it's a bit excessive.

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes, I do feel that if you over do sub forums it can make the forum feel way too over cluttered and can be off putting to people who come along and view your forum. As you say having too few sections can also have the same affect and people can find that off putting as well. It's about finding the right balance of both so you don't over clutter the main page but so that you have enough areas that people will show interest in.

I've seen it happen before. It easily happens when you try to include everything instead of focus on a specific few things. Which quickly leads to a confusing layout.

I'm of the opinion in this one that it's too much work to have too many sections in your forum. It's going to make it too much chore for members to navigate all sections.
You can have too much sections as much as you want in your forum but the question is whether it's going to be beneficial to your forum's growth or will it make members lose interest too quickly?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds